“So tranquil and relaxing”

Angsana Spa Vineyard Hotel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a virtual tour of this special hideaway for blissful rejuvenation. Angsana Spa has ten lavish spa rooms, as well as a specially equipped Rainmist room. Our spa treatments are designed with only one purpose in mind - to ensure that when you leave you are naturally refreshed and revitalized. The signature Ayurvedic Rainmist spa treatment is particularly recommended as a truly luxurious revitalizer that will soothe you to sheer heaven. Angsana Spa presents a fine selection of Asian-inspired therapies, developed using natural ingredients like fruits and flowers and aromatherapy. Let the intuitive touch of Angsana Spa therapists, who were formally trained at Banyan Tree Spa Academies, relax and revitalise the body, mind and soul. The historic Vineyard Hotel is well known for its tranquil charm and beautiful setting in the heart of picturesque Cape Town in South Africa. Its sprawling landscaped gardens are flanked by the magnificent Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens and Liesbeeck River, creating a spectacular retreat.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My friend and I went for massages after a stressful day and the treatments were just what we needed. I had the Glow package which includes a body polish and a massage of your choice. My skin feels soft and my muscles are relaxed, what a great experience! Very professional service and a tranquil ambience.

1  Thank Toekss33

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been to Angsana spa on many occasions and I have never been disappointed. Having visited many spas in Cape Town this is the one I would recommend without hesitation if you are looking for an outstanding massage and spa experience. Truly wonderful, make sure you book in advance!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This has been my 5th time at the Spa and definitely not the last. I have never had a bad experience at Angsana, in fact my experience is always excellent. The ladies are very professional and the best massage therapists that u will find. You always feel so relaxed by the ambiance and even more relaxed when you leave

3  Thank Ivo A
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Recently I tried two massages offered by Angsana.

I do highly recommend that you check in the spa menu exactly what the massage you book entails so that you get exactly what you want - i.e some massages are purely meant to relax you, whilst others are stronger massages to work on knots and stiff muscles etc.

The dreams massage, is the ultimate relaxing massage. The perfect way to rid yourself of all stress and simply enjoy some you time. I thoroughly enjoyed this massage!

The fusion massage is slight firmer/stronger than the dreams massage and it helped me get rid of some of the tension in my shoulders which was great. The only thing I didn't like about the fusion massage was the stretching. They do ask before they start whether you are happy to be stretched, and I did say yes, as in the past i have always liked stretching as part of a massage. However the massage therapists pushed me too far when stretching me. They need to be careful not to push a stretch too far, especially when the weather is cold at the moment and so muscles are not warm. Specifically, when she stretched my back she pulled on my arms forcing my back up way too high, which hurt my back. In fact it took a couple of days for my back to come right. So moral of the story - don't say yes to being stretched here.

Otherwise I find the spa to be relaxing and enjoyable. The massage therapists can be pretty hard to understand as they have thick accents. But they are all very friendly and listen to your requests.

This spa is pricier than other spas in Cape Town, but the ambience and relaxing massages make it worth the extra cost.

2  Thank Caroline T
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I went on two occasions, having treated myself with the rare Groupon special. I had an amazing massage both times, true Asian therapists who literally seem to move up your back and click everything back into place while leaving you feeling very relaxed. The setting is out of this world and the second time we followed it with their wonderful High Tea. it's true food for the soul and I highly recommend it

2  Thank VanessaatVtravel