Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
Great 4.5/5
Adderley Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Urban Chic Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
The Pinnacle(Cape Town Central)
Excellent 5/5
    Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)
    1,101 results
    All reviewslong streetwashing machinefull kitchentwo bedroom apartmenthotel spatable mountaingreenmarket squarefood lovers marketcompany gardensper daycentral locationrooftop poolself cateringtaj hotelgreen market squarehome away from homethe ground floor
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 11 May 2013

We stayed at the Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel in the first week of May 2013 as we were attending the Justin Bieber concert. There is not a bad remark that I have about this hotel. We stayed in the 2 bedroom platinum apartment. The room was extremely spacious and comfortable and boasts 2 en-suite bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, lounge, balcony and guest toilet. The kitchen is fully fitted with a glass top stove, oven, dish washer, washing machine and fridge. There is a tv in the lounge with satelite channels. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful...the concierge even went out of their way to get us mc donald's! There is a doppio zero restaurant and guests can also order from restaurants at the Taj next door. Free daily shuttle services take guests to and from the popular V&A Waterfront which is just 5 minutes away. The hotel is also close to many stores such as Edgars, Woolworths, Clicks and Mr Price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cape Town looking for an affordable, comfortable, well-situated hotel.

Room Tip: Platinum rooms are very spacious and comfortable.
    • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
    Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Arisha S,

Many thanks for the wonderful review you recently posted on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you were cared for and also enjoyed the Hotel and it surroundings.

I trust that Mandela Rhodes Place will be your home when next visiting Cape Town.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I really really liked this hotel. The staff were very welcoming, the location was spot on for shopping and the nightlife on Long street. Our room was amazing, the suite had an enormous lounge, the bedroom and bathroom were spacious too. I cant believe the rate we got it for, excellent value via trivago. The lobby was more like an African art gallery with all the paintings and sculptures dotted around.
    I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Markyboy27,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience here at our Hotel. It makes us very proud when we learn that we made another guest have a memorable experience here at our Hotel.

Take care and come visit again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We started our tour in Cape Town and stayed three nights at the hotel. Our two-bedroom suite was perfect: spacious, modern, it even had two bathrooms. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful at planning our trips. Centrally located and safe indoor parking at the garage

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
    Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear EdricO,

Many thanks for the feedback as posted here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to have read about your experience and my team and I trust you will come visit soon again.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed at the Mandela Rhodes twice during my trip to Cape Town. The location is absolutely fantastic as it's slap bang in the city centre and only a short walk to everywhere, even the V&A waterfront is within reach. The bustle and bars of long street and greenmarket square are literally on your doorstep, which is great. The staff are superb. Very, very friendly, helpful and clearly care about you having a good stay.

I was worried about whether the immediate area would be safe at night, but it was fine. There are exits on 3 sides, so you can stay on the big, well lit roads easily.

The only thing I didn't like was the rooms on the 1st floor. These really are best avoided as they are so noisy because of how close they are to the street. They also only have single glazing, which doesn't help. My first night was in one of them and the noise was horrendous! Second night was on the 4th floor in a studio apartment. Although smaller, it was actually a much higher standard. Really nice room!

If I was going back to Cape Town, whether alone again or with a partner, I would choose the Mandela Rhodes.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floors. The street noise is horrible. I stayed on floor 4 the second night and it was perfectly quiet. I also thought the studio apartments would be too small, but they're perfect for a solo or couple travelling. Very nice indeed.
    • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear David P,

Thank you for letting us know about your visit. It was a treat to have read your comments and also that you had such a great time here.

We are keeping your room on a higher up level ready and waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Good....

the Hotel is situated in the heart of Cape Town, thus making evrything accessible (malls, restaurants, coffee shops!) i really enjoyed my stay becuase of the hotel's great location.

the staff were very frindly and professional, Dopiio Zero pampered me with a sumptious breakfast every morning during my 12 days of stay in the hotel.

The bad....
    our apartment was overlooking the Food Lovers buidling, not a great sight at all. it was noisy especially at night.

some kitchen utensils and crockery missing, a broken wooden spoon, kitchen unit down lights not working (two out of three)

And the stroke that broke the camel's back....A day before we checked out, a gentleman and a lady who idenfified themselves as Housekeeping staff came early in the morning to our apartment and wanted to do linen stock taking! i had to leave the bedroom to allow them to count linen! i found this rather disturbing, annoying to say the least. it soured my whole experince!

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms overlooking Food Lovers building!
    • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tshireletso,

My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed most your stay with us here at the Hotel. I did however notice your comments about being disturbed and assure you we will address this to ensure it does not reoccur.

I trust that this will not deter you form making MRP your home when next visiting Cape Town.

Regards