“Perfect location in central Cape Town”

Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Zurich, Switzerland
“Perfect location in central Cape Town”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over New Year for 4 nights. The hotel is nice and clean and has a nice pool deck on floor 7. Not to forget the helpful and friendly staff. The hotel is in the city center and in easy walking distance of cafés and bars. Within 20-30 minutes one can even walk safely to the V&A Waterfront. Can only recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Cape Town.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank myself_on_the_move
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Jens H,
Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa recently. My Team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us! 
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to my Staff, as they always enjoy getting feedback from our beloved Guests :). I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards and safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights from 31/12/13 until 2/1/14. The hotel is nice and clean and has a great pool and deck on floor 7. The staff are friendly and the location is brilliant. The New Year's Eve parade went right outside the hotel, yet we were in easy walking distance of cafés and bars. Highly recommend for anyone visiting Cape Town.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Scharteness,
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We booked really last minute so we weren't sure what we would get, that said this place is fantastic! Friendly staff, great apartment with a huge kitchen with everything you could need. Great balcony! We stayed in a two bed apartment and each room was spacious, clean and modern. The floors were heated too which was great cause even in summer Cape Town is cold at night. Internet is free but for only two devices. There is a convenience store up the road from the hotel it's very basic but good for water and soft drinks... I'd recommend not walking there at night, or if you do, go in a group.
Downstairs, at lobby level, there is a great coffee place called Motherland Coffee Company, if you like coffee this is consistently good!
The hotel is really close to Marcos, Mama Africa and Africa Cafe - we had a car so we drove to all of them but you could easily walk. Marcos is an absolute MUST DO for authentic African food without the tourist prices and the night we were there a lot of locals were too - always a good sign!
Overall the hotel felt really safe and secure and loved how central this place was to the V&A waterfront, Table Mountain, Camps Bay etc would highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Request an apartment on the 17th floor facing the mountain.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ksh81
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Dear haroonb,
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the rest of the Staffing compliment. I have to apologize for the frustration caused by our Car Park, and following your comments I have instructed my Operations Manager to look into this and provide clear directions from the Car park into the Main Hotel foyer. These directions will be installed shortly, and thank you for bringing the problem to our attention.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Although the Mandela Rhodes Place is located in the centre of Cape Town opposite St Georges Cathedral and not the Waterfront it represents good value for money and is in fact conveniently located so as to reach the sites of Cape Town quickly. The hotel also provides for self catering with a kitchenette in what is a comfortable suite with views of Table Mountain. The bedrooms were clean, comfortable and quite spacious. Breakfast is adequate and is served in a separately run restaurant located on the premises, There is on-site parking as well as a spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a Table Mountain facing room above the 7th floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My wife, infant son, and in-laws stayed in a two bedroom. The two bedroom was very spacious and felt homey (more like an apartment than a hotel). Having a washer and dryer was very convenient, especially with a baby. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They even invited my wife and I to a party that was being thrown on the top floor. The location was perfect. Just cross the street to hop onto the red line bus and take a tour of cape town. Also, there are lots of restaurants and shops in close proximity. Be sure to checkout the coffee shop downstairs, the white chocolate coffee was amazing. Overall, we loved cape town and this hotel was great. Can't wait to visit again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff, amazing rooms and good price. The breakfast was not included , and the price for the restaurant Doppio Zero is not good at all also the food. You can buy things and eat in your room.
Parking service a availed for 55 rands, good price.

I will came back for sure!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gabs29
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear misstraveller099
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I did pass your comments on to Doppio Zero Management, and they have committed to bettering their Food & Beverage offering, as well as service standards. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, as this assists us greatly in improving our service to you our Guest.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for few nights I in a 2 bedroom suit. Very big rooms are nicely decorated with muted wooden colors. The crew working here, is very nice however service is very casual.
This hotel is located a step away from the vibrant night life street "Long street"
Enjoy

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank natan a
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear 26banana,

Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when next in Cape Town.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa in the hopefully not too distant future.

“Wamkelekile” (Xhosa – Your welcome)

Desmond