“Almost perfect ”

Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
London, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I really loved the rooms. The hotels location is great. The staff are very friendly. The Taj is next door and you have your food there charged to your room.

The only things stopping me from giving this hotel 5 stars the very expensive internet and poor amount of hot water. You get 100mb a day free and it's 174 rand for 3 gb. I eat data so this wasn't ideal. The shower is hot for approximately 5 mins too.

Stayed July 2014
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Aziz S,
Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa recently. My Team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us! 
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. In response, we are increasing the Complimentary Wifi to 200 Megs per day, and will attend to the cost of additional vouchers. I have asked my Maintenance manager to look into the hot water supplies and why the amount is so limited, which it really should not be. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we need this sort of detailed feedback, good or bad.
Best regards and safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
österreich
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff and room service. You get so much for a little price. Breakfast is very good. No problems with the rooms. Perfect service. The location is very good and a very good place to start sightseeing tours :)

• Stayed April 2014
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Cityhopperin2014
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I will be sure to pass your message to my Staff, thank you.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. But the start was not so good. We booked our rooms via an agency in Cape Town. Then we add another room the day before check in for our another friend. We went to hotel but unfortunately they couldnt find the last room altough we have confirmation number and paid in advance. After an hour later, they offered to send our friend to another hotel nearby which we didnt accept. We said that then cancel all rooms we will find another hotel but they didnt accept. So more or less we waited 2 hours in reception. On the other hand, the apartment rooms was comfortable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ece B
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I have taken note of your comments on the difficulty with Reservations, and can assure you I am looking into this and will rectify what has gone wrong. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a two room suite. The room was incredible and clean. The staff were always more than helpful and always wanted to reach out and be of assistance. We were there for great white shark diving at seal island. Very impressed and would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed August 2013
Dear Steve M
Ware
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroomed apartment on the 17th floor. Excellent facilities and such welcoming, friendly staff especially on the front reception desk.

We would definitely stay here again. 5*

Room Tip: The apartment was amazing and everything that you could need was provided.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 775Sarahc775
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Pro's include:
- amazing view of table mountain
- excellent apartments with seperate room, kicthen, lounge area that make it great for longer stays to avoid the feeling of being permanently in a hotel room
- great resteraunt attached to the hotel for breakfast and dinner (Albeit for dinner if you dont like italian it may be a problem)

There wasn't any major con to the hotel only a few niggles
- service was a bit hit and miss - while never 'bad' it wasnt always fantastic
- location is great for the view and good for company gardens but for travelling on my own some of the side streets around the hotel didn't always feel entirely safe

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear mcg1979
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to my Staffing compliment, thank you. I will sharpen up service levels, following your comments, as we do not accept the "hit and miss" standards at all :) Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My Mum and I recently stayed at One of the Studios, I must say EXCELLENT!!!!!, would not go anywhere Else, The rooms are spacious, Ammenties excellent and Friendly staff, enjoyed my breakfast at Doppio Zero! Kudos

Lorna - Nairobi/kenya

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lorna O
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to my Staffing compliment, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed Doppio Zero's famous breakfast, and we would love to have you back even if just for breakfast!