Stayed at the Fire and Ice for three nights in their 2 bed semi self catering hotel suite which is separate from the hotel it self. The suite was beautiful and had a office with a desk as you entered which led into a large double volume open plan lounge/diningroom with basic kitchen amenities. Downstairs was our main bedroom with a shower and basin inside the bedroom with a separate toilet off the lounge. The beds were very comfortable but would recommend that they change their pillows. In the kitchen is a microwave, fridge, Saeco coffee machine which I loved. They fill the machine with Lavazza coffee beans and I could not get enough, I have never drank so many cups in my life. Upstairs was a second bedroom also with a shower in the room. The decor is lovely in the suite and very modern. We ate a few times at the restaurant and enjoyed all our meals. The bar gets very busy at night and we also tasted their milkshakes that they are renowned for. We had Lindt, Peppermint Crisp, Turkish Delight, Oreo and the list goes on. Internet was free which was nice and parking was under the building in the basement which was secure and free. They have a smoking room called the "coughing room" which has coffins in the room which you sit on when you smoke in the room. On the ceiling is a picture stuck on the roof of people at a funeral so it looks as if people are attending your funeral and looking down on you when you look up. The toilets had different themes in the hotel which my kids loved. There is one that has a picture of a man with just a towel around his waste and when you move the towel a buzzer sound goes off. There is one that has over 30 toilet rolls mounted to the all. There is a longdrop toilet and a few more. Tongue in cheek, it is funky. The lifts resemble a shark cage and another a cable car. A pleasant stay, good friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town