After a smooth check in , very friendly reception staff who took the time to explain the hotel facilities and service times and an appreciated early room allocation, I arrive in my room and despite booking the best available rate on the website ( I confirmed my booking is the best available rate with Luqman at the Protea Customer Care Centre - as all web bookings are best available rates) and the website promising:
1.A complimentary milkshake voucher per person
2. 150MB complimentary WiFi per day
3. 25% off all face & body treatments at the Hilton Spa Boutique
4. 25% discount on airport transfers
5. 10% discount on all other transfers
6. Complimentary inroom welcome gift
7. Complimentary newspaper daily
I have yet to receive numbers 1,3,4,5 and 6. I will report back should any of these materialize during my stay as this is day one of three. I declined number 2 as I have my own 3G service. Guests should not be expected to follow up on such extra's and the hotel should ensure that such extras are noted and acted on at check in. First observations are that the room is clean and neat, the placement of the TV is strange as you cannot comfortably open the windows. The lifts are a novel idea and overall looks promising. I aim to taste and review each and every one of the "famous" 27 milkshakes over the next few days so watch this space!
So after posting that the “quiet lower floor rooms” were a reality, I then spent the entire evening being kept awake by what sounded like a dumbbell rolling back and forth on the ceiling of my room, I wonder if the gym is directly above my room (117)
I then (for the first time ever) packed my bags and prepared to check out a day early, before being offered another room on the 5th floor with zero view of Table Mountain (I guess you cant have it all). In my previous room you could clearly see that there are design challenges at this hotel with the toilet coming away from the wall, pieces from the shower floor coming apart (and poorly glued back on!) etc etc. All in all you get the feeling that the “trendy” factor has been chosen over the “good design for comfort” factor.
I am now in my new room, whose door has just been opened without knocking by a member of housekeeping. So I shall unpack and see what day 2 has in store for me!
So after reading my review on Trip Advisor on day 2, Front Office Manager Matthews Kepe, called me and explained that the Call Centre had given me the incorrect information when booking and apologized. He also offered me the value added items that I had initially expected to receive and made follow up calls to ensure that I was satisfied. At the restaurant the tripe and dumpling was out of this world and certainly recommended. On my third day reception allowed me a late check out (13:00 hrs) which is great. On the downside one of the WHITE towels had stains on it so there is a clear need for quality control on housekkeping/laundry. Also the hotels housekeeping staff deserve an award for the NOISIEST housekeeping team in Southern Africa, they have ZERO respect for guests who could be resting in the morning by the amount of shouting in corridors, laughing and general banging of doors while they service the rooms in the morning. This you can tell when staying in other hotels who go the extra mile to consider guests who might want to actually RELAX in their rooms in the morning.
It should not be assumed that by 9 am everyone is out of their rooms. Also , whilst I am greatful that a late (one o clock ) check out was allowed, surely this should be communicated to housekeeping so one does not have to deal with constant knocking on the door by housekeeping staff wanting to service the room an 12:20 and at 12:40!
So all in all things are looking up but I leave the Fire and Ice with mixed feelings about coming back! Time will tell! In the meantime if you want trend over comfort, vibe over peace and relaxation then this the hotel for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town Hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. This ultra-chic hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and is a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature milkshakes and cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town