Their comment cards ask, "Hot or Not?" They say they want to know, so I say NOT. I asked the desk to have the Mgr call me when I returned home; I waited a week and no call . . . so here goes:
I booked a 2 bedroom loft in July/Aug for Christmas, with a deposit, only to find out when I arrived that my room was not available. They did give me two 1-bedroom lofts, which was nice, but at Christmas when you want to be together with your family, it's not cool to have 2 separate (non-adjoining) rooms. This could have been rectified with advance communication. The lofts are nice and VERY spacious and contemporary. The bedroom is upstairs, so climbing stairs has to be ok with you. The shower and sink are in the bedroom (ok with me, but my husband didn't like it). The sink had an occasional smell (sewage?) to it that when reported was fixed, or went away. 2 complimentary milkshake coupons in one room, but not in the other (don't know why). Loft rooms are a 1/4 block away from the lobby, bar, dining room, pool (very small) and other rooms. Overall vibe of the place is very hip, colorful, and trending. Where this place fell apart was not only from the beginning with the room mess up, but with the dining room...food was poor (buffet beef was overcooked, tasteless and tough; chocolate cake had flies on it, no upkeep to buffet at end of day) and service was slow and sometimes inattentive (we had to ask for tea/coffee every morning; no one came to table)...certainly not top-notch. We had Christmas brunch booked and it was terrible, and then the restaurant mgr messed things all up by telling me he'd get back to me about the problem and then told the server that she had to pay for our meal when we walked out...imagine how I felt for her! I paid for one meal, tipped her big, and left it at that. Then we went to a great restaurant (Sevruga) and had a wonderful meal. A lot of stress on Christmas Day that we didn't expect. The front desk staff were always very attentive when we asked and I felt like they listened, it's just too bad that the management was not more proactive. So when they ask Hot or Not? I have to say not because they messed up twice pretty badly + eating there was mediocre to poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town