My husband and I spent a week in Capetown over New Years and enjoyed our stay at Protea. Overall, the accommodations were good, modern, and clean. The rooms were a little on the smaller side. The pool also was small. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful. We has a slight issue with our room booking (smoking vs nonsmoking) but the staff was able to sort it out well when we arrived there. Kudos to Alex, one of the overnight staffers who was always so warm and friendly when he saw us.
The one down side with staying at Protea during New Years Eve is that they host a street party. The street party was fun, safe and well controlled however it continued to about 5am. We would have no problem with this except that the loud music could be heard from our room until 6am. I would have wished that someone could have explained this to us ahead of time so we could have planned accordingly.
Otherwise, we had a great time and would recommend this spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town