It is a difficult hotel to review, so I will try not to be unfair. The hotel has a unique style, not everybody will like, maybe not even get some of the stuff, but in my case it was not the right style for a business trip.
The hotel style is trendy, or try to be, some sort of warehouse converted in a hotel, lots of references to fire and ice, but in the end there are some things that don't work together or are very functional.
The hotel really lacks of space, the dark colors don't help either and the feeling that you are in a very small space every where can be a bit uncomfortable.
Rooms are really small, probably the smallest room I have ever been, the huge king bed dominates the space, and it is impossible to walk around. The desk is small and narrow and your laptop will battle space with the tv, very uncomfortable if you like me had work to do.
The bathroom is also small and the glass wall facing the room doesn't provide privacy. I was alone, so it was ok, but couples or people sharing probably would not feel so good about it.
On the positive side, breakfast was very good (some small issues to get a clean table or coffee the last day), but food and variety were good.
I had an issue with room service which was handled well by the management, so there is some sort of good administration.
It is not a hotel I would stay again, or recommend for people travelling on business, but if you are on a vacation it can be fun to find out all the "smart" things around the hotel, like the elevators, smoking room and the ground floor bathrooms....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town