The Protea Fire and Ice Hotel in Cape Town is a really fun hotel in Cape Town.
Although it is not on the beach front it is along the main road leading up to Table Mountain and only about 2kms/ 1.25 miles from the Waterfront Complex.
Their " milkshakes" and I have put that in " because likening their creations to a common or garden milkshake is like likening soda water to champagne.
You must try one, and definitely their speciality enormous ones. They come in a variety of flavours but undoubtedly the best is their Lindt chocolate shake.
Right, now that I have stopped salivating let's get onto the hotel itself.
The rooms are, whilst smallish, really well appointed and more than adequate for the stay.
The elevators themselves are done in different themes and the bar area is really great with alcoves, each with a different fun decoration.
You must also have a look at the themes in the downstairs loo's.
Whomever was the interior decorator had a wild and wonderful imagination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town