My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 weeks, the staff were very helpfull and helped us organise lots of day trips and helped as much as they could with anything you needed to no.
They would always be able to arrange taxis for you within minutes of you needing them. The rooms were very clean and spacious, its a very funky sort of hotel in a good way, with very unusual decorative private and public rooms. There is a very comfortable, relaxed feeling to the hotel, very nice to sit and just have a few drinks at night.
They have a reputation for having the best milkshakes with a huge variaties, the chocolate brownie has to be tried. We found the hotel food to be amazing, we tried a few different meals and they were excellent everytime and very good value for money.
The location of this hotel was about a 5 minute taxi to the V&A waterfront. Despite what some people may say i would NOT recommend walking around the local area, Long Street etc at night time, unless will locals that you can trust and know the area very well. Although during the day is fine enough to walk around the markets etc, i would just always be aware of the people around you and keep an eye out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town