We stayed here for 5 days in August with 5 friends. WOW! The hotel is excellent, and here is why:
Location: 5mins drive from V&A waterfront, 5mins drive to Table Mountain. In the heart of the city.
Rooms: Modern, good storage, amazing views of table mountain. Big beds! In standard rooms, as previous reviews have mentioned, the shower cubicle is in the room separated by a shower curtain. Part of the hotels funkiness!!
However, we stayed in executive rooms, where the shower is in the bathroom, as we were a male & female group of friends and just wanted that extra bit of privacy!
Friendly and always there to answer questions, offer advice, sort out a taxi etc.
The hotel is themed in a funky, but not tacky way. You must go and try all of the bar toilets and all of the lifts!! Fire and ice theme runs thoughout the hotel. This theme makes the hotel truly unique.
Restaurant served excellent food for reasonable price. The pound goes a long way over in SA. Gym good size, pool - adequate - not huge but then again it is a city centre hotel! Room service always quick. Lovely cocktails, and milkshakes, at the bar. Undergrounf car parking available.
My final note - SA is a beautiful country, cape town a vibrant city, and fire and ice was the icing on our cake.
Im happy to answer any questions you may have on this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town