Hotel has a great funky look, in a great location in New Church Street, and is literally a stone throw away (less than 5 mins walk if that) to Long Street & Kloof Street, which is filled with restaurants and bars.
Had a superior room on the third floor, bed was massively comfy and the room was quite spacious. Yes we had a insuite shower but it was massive and great - did not look out of place. Swimming pool area nice – small but sufficient. Funnily enough for me one of the best things about the room was it had the biggest safe ever! Fitted my ample 15.4" laptop which isn't normal and still fitted everything else of value - quite a big deal for me. Never had breakfast as it was about 1250 ZAR per person - For that 2 people could eat at Crust round the corner for about 1100 ZAR for 2...or Depasco Bakery on the corner of Butien and Long Street. Also Lolas ,on Long Street was good. Only have breakfast in the hotel if its included in your rate. All the places mentioned are again less than 5 mins walk away. The hotel also has free internet, which are accessed via vouchers. They normally give you 2-3 to start off with and you just ask for more at no extra charge, its not a problem. The staff are also fantastic and receptionists Lyndsay and Jane were extremely helpful
FYI Taxi costs - 250 ZAR (one way) from Airport or less if you use Rikkis taxis. 40-50 ZAR incl tip to Waterfront. 2-3 blocks up Kloof Street would cost about 20ZAR in taxi. I would recommend taxis after 9-10pm but otherwise it was pretty safe around the hotel.
PS the lifts are interesting - in a good way and don't forget to have a milkshake,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town Hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. This ultra-chic hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and is a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature milkshakes and cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town