“Best breakfasts in Capetown!”

Wilton Manor Guest House
Ranked #41 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2012

At the beginning of August we stayed for two nights at Wilton Manor, and the staff and owners went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. The decor was stunning and carefully selected with the hugest King size bed I have ever slept on. The works was laid on at breakfast with the choice of fresh fruit, yoghurt, as well as english breakfast, and to top it all- delicious fresh pancakes.
I would definately recommend it, and will return should I visit Cape Town again.

Room Tip: They offer you a couple of rooms, and give you the choice of choosing the one that best fits your ne...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed at Wilton Manor last August and wrote a review just as I was preparing to depart for the airport. I arrived at the Cape Town and just before checking for my flight heard my name called over the public address system. As I approached the airport's information kiosk, I saw one of the desk attendants from Wilton Manor standing there waiting for me. She was holding, on hangers, a sport jacket, shirt and belt that I left in the armoire. She drove 30 minutes to the airport just to make sure I didn't depart without my belongings. I thanked her profusely, and offered to pay her. She refused to accept payment until I insisted once again and gave her $10 to cover parking at the airport. Hands down one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bellhop-2013
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I highly recommend this B&B. Peter was proud of all the work he put into renovating the place himself and he should be. It was charming and well-appointed. There were great breakfasts custom made by Victoria each morning. The owners Peter and Alice were so helpful and kind, and recommended great things to do on the Cape. We really felt at home and enjoyed sitting on the huge porch and drinking a sundowner. Bed was huge and very comfortable. The location was great, very convenient to nearby restaurants, into the city (and for walks on the promenade).The only disadvantage is if you have a large rental car, as the streets are very narrow around there. A wonderful stay overall, and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Front room upstairs has nice Victorian bay windows and a view of the rooftops
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mikebowe123
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I have just spent a week in the company of friendly owner Alice and hostess Inge Dinwoodie at a spot you can call your home from home without hesitation! This old manor house offers spacious accommodation in the heart of trendy Green Point walking distance from the world renowned Cape Town stadium, the V&A Waterfront and many vibey restaurants and bars. After major renovations the house offers cutting edge design paired with all the comforts of any world class hotel. Swimming pool, concierge, hearty breakfasts, goose downs, modern bathrooms (in the newer section) all paired with seamless service. I can reccommend Wilton Manor with confidence.... you arrive a guest and leave a friend. Perfect for a short or long stay with your friends and family or if you are travelling alone.... never a dull or lonely moment.... thanks to the resident talking parrots Elvis and Lisa. Thank you Alice and team - now I know that home really is where the heart is!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JaKo1979
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have just returned from spending 8 nights at Wilton Manor in Capetown where we had a wonderful time. Some weeks after we'd booked we read some adverse reviews about Wilton Manor and seriously thought about booking elsewhere. However, we were reassured by an exchange of emails with Wilton Manor, and decided to stick with our booking. We are very glad we did. Large rooms, an enormous double bed, high ceilings, lovely fittings and everything artistically arranged. An more than adequate breakfast - fruit juice, cereals, yoghourt, a choice of eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms etc, toast, tea and/or coffee, with waitress service was a great start each day. The waitresses were superb and doubled as chambermaids keeping our room spotless. Wilton Manor is in a quiet residential street within walking distance of Mouille Point and the Water Front where so much happens and shops and restaurants at Greenpoint. The Office were very helpful in advise on trips, local customs and personal safety. An added bonus - unique in our experience - was fresh fruit and snacks freely available in the lounge. We found the Owner, who likes to be known as the Hostess, warm and welcoming, and as she lives on site she is able to keep a close eye on things. There were moments which reminded us of Downton Abbey! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, had a wonderful time, and warmly recommend this Guesthouse..

Room Tip: Notify the Office of your time of arrival. We arrived at 10.30 because of our overnight flight, we...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToJoBristol
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Super breakfast, nice room , 15 minutes walk from V&A.
All the staff were very obliging and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had the most beautiful stay in Wilton Manor. Extremely friendly, beautifully decorated, great big comfortable rooms. I couldn't recommend this place to stay much more. It's quirky and comfortable, it's got character and style. Brilliant, thankyou Alice.

• Stayed: March 2012