Just back from J15. Lovely apartment; clean, comfortable, spacious......great central location with plenty to do, eat and see nearby.
Car parking is very safe BUT be warned - you have to drive up 30 levels to get to the parking spot! It's a nightmare.
Only major complaint is that the Internet is terrible in the apartment. Never worked after day 1 & we really needed it.
Suggestions to the place -
1. Table and chairs out on balcony
2. Warm the pool - freezing!!
3. Give guests 2 swipes into the building and car park as if one person is out etc...there is no way to get in and out without the swipe key.
4. Organise a key drop for late or early check outs....difficult to get in / out of apartment with only one set and nowhere to leave keys.
Would definatley stay again if Internet better.
The flat itself is actually very nice. It’s got a nice open plan kitchen and lounge that leads out to a balcony with a stunning view of Table Mountain. It’s got a maisonette with an internal balcony in the bedroom that looks down onto the lounge, giving it a nice airy feel. But overall, I would say there were pros and cons:
- The view is fantastic.
- The pool was really nice.
- The gym was sort of reasonable - but not great.
- Great location right on Adderley Street.
- The flat was fairly recently decorated.
- I told the agent that I needed the Internet connection to be upgraded to a decent speed because I would be working from the flat. I asked for this 6 months in advance and stressed how important it was for me. Despite multiple promises, this never happened and the wifi was pretty much unusable. Lucky I had contingency plans otherwise I would have been in serious trouble.
- The door made loud noises when the wind blew (and it really blows in Cape Town). On the positive side, the agent sent someone round to fix it promptly.
- The shower curtain really stank.
- The flat was very dusty. I later discovered why - the cleaners tend to sweep the carpet. Yes, SWEEP the carpet. I asked why and she said she didn’t know how to use the hoover. Yup, that was the cleaner.
- The hoover was so clogged with dust that it spewed more dust out than it sucked up.
- The laundry was pretty smelly so I bought my own towel.
- The pillows were really horrible - I bought my own in the end.
- They gave me a duvet in the middle of summer when all you need is a sheet.
- The sheets didn’t really fit the bed so ended up bunching up underneath me.
- The TV is tiny.
- There are precisely 4 small mugs and 4 glasses - I thought they could have been a bit more generous with stuff like this. If you don’t like washing up, you’ll be running the dishwasher half empty to get clean mugs.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|