We checked in very late on a Friday night for a two-night stay. The front desk staff were very friendly, helpful, and efficient. Our 4th floor room was small seemed clean enough, and overlooked a busy street. The closed windows provided enough sound muffling. The queen size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a separate shower and plenty of hot water. Amenities were provided and curiously there was bubble bath but no shower gel. Fortunately there was also body lotion provided to make up for the bubble-bath-as-shower-gel.
Breakfast was included in our room rate. The breakfast was OK with a few things to stay away from. It is a large buffet-style affair with the requisite fruit and pastries as well as some hot dishes, including various kinds of sausages, undercooked bacon, watery, reconstituted scrambled eggs, some ground meat called "chef's special", and a cook who will do up a nice omelet with your chosen fillings. Wait staff is numerous and have very specific duties; however, both mornings we had to ask twice for our tea.
They have a shuttle that goes to the mall at the waterfront on the half-hour and returns on the quarter hour. Round trip for hotel guests is R40 per person. They also charge you to leave your laptop at the front desk while you are out. The concierge was very friendly and helpful.
Would I stay here again? Probably not, given the many other choices closer to the actual waterfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa