Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$211
US$206
US$267
US$212
  • Pool
US$136
  • Restaurant
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$898
US$491
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$170
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$223
US$177
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$633
US$491
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$212
US$183
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$370
US$340
Orbitz.com
2,260 results
All reviewsevery half hourshuttle bustsogo sunshuttle serviceconcierge deskbreakfast buffetwater frontbusiness tripeasy accessbusiness hotelstayed here for nightsenjoyed my staytable mountainsouth africalong streetwaterfrontcticc
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. We were surprised to find a bottle of champagne and a hand written card in our room upon arrival, very nice!

The room was ok, a little dated in the bathroom, but very clean and comfortable otherwise.

Breakfast was excellent and the bar made some nice drinks as well.

All of the staff we encountered was excellent, starting with Lee the concierge to the Christopher the porter.

Also, there is a free shuttle to bring guest to the V&A Waterfront where we went EACH NIGHT! We really loved it there, a must do.

Overall, very nice, if you get a good price, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bos2n
HotelManagement_10, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously improve our service delivery.

I am delighted that enjoyed your recent stay on your honeymoon. Your positive feedback is an encouragement for all the staff and I will ensure all outlets are aware of your kind remarks.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Southern Sun Waterfront in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Don't let the name fool you: this hotel is not on the Waterfront. That said, it's a great base for both business and leisure.

The breakfast selection is very generous, but not everything is warm, which is a pity. The service is good, and the rooms well appointed. It's a little pricey given how much space you get (especially when compared to the Protea North Wharf next door which has much more space and slightly lower rates), and the hotel is so large that there is the distinct feeling of being in a rabbit warren when you are in the corridors. However, once you're in your room, you do lose the rabbit warren feeling. The beds are comfortable, and the gym / fitness centre is good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank KW1980

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously improve our service delivery and I will ensure to pass on your remarks to our various outlets in order to do so.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

We used this hotel as a base for exploring Cape Town and its surroundings. The hotel has a mix of business and leisure travellers, offers a good breakfast and decent rooms (no fridge which would have been nice). We had no problems parking in the car park but this could be difficult when the hotel is fuller and can't imagine you'd want to park on the streets. The hotel is quite easy to find - straight off the N1/2 and well placed for getting about. The walk to the V&A waterfront takes about 10mins but as there is a free and punctual shuttle bus that runs every half hour so you don't need to walk and definitely shouldn't after dark. In fact I wouldn't recommend walking in the day unless there are plenty of people about. We were threatened by a man with a knife at 3pm quite close to the hotel - I think our mistake was walking out on a Sunday - there are less people about. Cape Town is dangerous and I would recommend you are sensible and vigilant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trpadv-member

Dear Valued Guest,

I am deeply concerned regarding your unfortunate experience you encountered in the city on the Sunday. This incident has been passed onto the local law enforcement agency for the city (CID).

I would like to thank you for staying with us and hope you will visit Cape Town again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back to the Southern Sun Waterfront.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here with a large family group during September for a wedding in Cape Town. My last stay here was more than a decade ago just after the property opened as a Holiday Inn. While the rooms aren't huge (or perhaps we just felt cramped being a large group sharing?), they are more than adequate for the average tourist or business stay. Given the very good rates, you don't expect the luxury of a Table Bay or the personalised service of a Dunkley House, but we were pleasantly surprised by the level of service we did get. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and made a heroic attempt to cater for vegetarians as well as carnivores, the service levels at meals were very good and the food quality was well above the average for this type of hotel. The spa was spotless as was the pool area, the internet service (added charge) fast and efficient, and the lounge very comfortable. There is a complimentary juice station in the lobby, we were given a late check out on request, and I spent a pleasant afternoon in the lounge off the lobby before having to leave for my flight, consuming several drinks and a snack during this time, while I worked on my laptop.

Room Tip: There are no sea views as such but you can get a room with a distant harbour view or with a mountain view from a higher floor on request.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
HotelManagement_10, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive feedback is an encouragement for all the staff.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed here for three nights with a friend, and we had a fantastic stay at this hotel. The rooms were large, bright and well appointed. We both had queen beds in our twin room, which were amazingly comfortable. The bathrooms were bright and clean. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have come across, and all food was fresh and delicious.

We made frequent use of the complimentary shuttle bus between the hotel and the V & A Waterfront area - it saved us a small fortune in taxi fares!

The front desk, bar and housekeeping staff were all efficient, welcoming and friendly.

The hotel is in a good spot between the CBD area and the Waterfront, with restaurants and other shops nearby.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again if I am fortunate enough to return to Cape Town.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that we were able to deliver on your expectations, and your positive feedback is an encouragement for all the staff.