we arrived quite late at night so were a bit perturbed to have lots of paper work to fill out, especally when the reservations had been made ages ago. When we arrived at our room, we found them quite small and with no king bed which we had requested. The front desk indicated that our booking did not include this and that there were no other vacancies. So we had little choice but to accept the rooms. the decor was quite dated and the bathrooms needed updating as well. Despite the decor issues, the beds were extremely comfortable, the pillows were great and the windows opened ! the shower had great water pressure although there was very little counter space in the bathroom to put toilletries. Lighting in the room was adequate although we found it strange that there were no electrical outlets in the bathroom so we had to use the hair dryer in the bedroom area. the public rooms ( lobby, bar, dining room and reception desk ) were all quite lovely - it looks as if they have updated all of the public areas and hopefully will be doing the same with the guest suites. Our room stay included breakfast which was terrific - great selection of hot and cold buffet items. the location was great - within walking distance to V & A waterfront although a free shuttle service was available from the hotel. overall , a good hotel even though the bedrooms could be a bit more spacious and updated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa