The first thing to know about the southern sun waterfront hotel is that it isn't on the waterfront. It's a (free) shuttle bus ride away, but if it's views of the water that you want then this isn't the hotel for you (views of the highway - easy)
We were there over Christmas, landing Xmas day and staying for a couple of days and the hotel was insanely busy. Mountains of suitcases in the lobby, line for breakfast snaking through reception busy. Frazzled staff, children running riot, noise levels at 140db busy.
And yet the staff coped. The child seatbelt that we'd left on a plane was located, retrieved and delivered by the concierge. Breakfast was smooth. A room was found for early check in, parking was available and checkout was a breeze.
Sure the hotel is pretty generic, sure it could be anywhere in the world and yes the rooms aren't huge but the thing is, even tested to capacity this place worked and worked well. So if it's no drama you want then this is for you - but perhaps 'Southern Sun, roadside hotel' would be a more honest name
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa