Arriving at the Southern Sun I anticipated a standard 4 star city hotel where the sheer mass of guests would inhibit anything approaching personal attention. I was very wrong. Upon entering we were greeted with a fresh fruit drink which was customary every time we returned to the hotel. We stayed but 3 days but staff took the trouble to ask after our well being and came to recognise us. None was anything but welcoming and ready to go that extra mile. Concierge and front lobby staff very friendly. The lifts to the guest rooms were well attended - to the point that no one could gain access to them until they were able to prove guest status.
We experienced 2 different rooms. The standard has a double bed and for a City hotel the size is acceptable. It was well maintained, clean and had been refurbished recently. The second room was a large 2 bedded room which for a family would be perfect.
The linens on the beds are of a very high quality and changed daily. I cannot fault housekeeping.
The breakfast is buffet style, very busy but we never had to wait for a table. It offers a wide international choice. Look ouf for the wonderful Regina who I praise as "queen of omelettes!"
Lunch is avaiable in the bar or on the pool terrace. And dinner is presided over by the "hands on" manager Yunus. We were made to feel as if we were his personal guests. Dinner is a buffet but also there is an a la carte which we took and the food was quite exceptional. The evening dining experience comes highly recommended.
I have rated the hotel 4 based only on size of standard room and location - not quite on Waterfront (though within walking distance). On security and service it's a 5 all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa