We stayed here at the end of our South Africa tour and were pleased with the hotel overall. It is well located, ten minutes walk from the city and much the same from the waterfront. The shuttle service to the waterfront is excellent t though and very frequent.
The room was comfortable if a little small. It had a good bathroom with a bath and shower and there was a storage drawer under the bed which we discovered rather too late! It would have been useful as the wardrobe is tiny!
We only had breakfast at the hotel and there was a very good buffet, but space around it was very limited and there was a bit of a scrum at times. There was a queue for eggs too.
The pool was small and extremely cold. It was a shame it was situated under the trees as there was very little sun on it. The beds around the pool were comfortable with good quality towels so it would have been nice if there had been more sun in the area.
Everyone who served us was friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa