After slating this hotel for various reasons back in March 2014, the hotel management did call my wife from SA (we live in the UK) and apologised profusely for the poor stay we had.
Now a lot of hotels may have taken a poor review and pooh poohed or dismissed it, offering some consoling empathetic words, but basically just meaning "yeah, right, move on". To this hotels credit they put in the extra effort required for a disgruntled, unhappy customer and offered a complimentary stay to us if we were to return to SA in the next 12 months.
We thanked them for their offer and we promised to update our review as a result, not that they had asked us to do so, just that we thought it was the right thing to do. We will be returning in December and have confirmed our stay and we hope this time that the faults of the past are where they belong, in the past.
Thank you Southern Sun for your offer, you have reinstated out faith in your brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa