Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Urban Hip Icon Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
The New Tulbagh Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Capetonian Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Rockwell All Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
2,227 results
All reviewsevery half hourshuttle bustsogo sunshuttle serviceconcierge deskbreakfast buffetwater frontbusiness tripeasy accessbusiness hotelstayed here for nightsenjoyed my staytable mountainsouth africalong streetwaterfrontcticc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We were there last week.The hotel is very conveniently located, close enough to waterfront. Rooms are good (though small), very friendly staff and a great breakfast buffet!
They have a very convenient shuttle service for waterfront every 30 mins, drivers are very friendly and flexible enough (not causing inconvenience to other's travelling in shuttle), overall a great experience, should go back again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Devon J, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Good day, ShaileshBMohan

Thank you for your review on the hotel. Im glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed for two nights for a business conference. Location is ideal in terms of the hotel being within walking distance of the CTCC. My room was clean, my bed very comfortable. Breakfast was good. All in all a good place to stay. The downside however was the fact that I left my day and night Numue Moisturiser in error in the bathroom. This is about R1400,00 worth. No telephone call was made as I happened to leave my baggage in storage for the day. I only realised I had left my moisturiser once I returned home to JHB. Surely a simple telephone call would have sufficed. So the staff are clearly dishonest. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Divediva22
Devon J, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Good day, Divediva22

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
We are glad you were happy with the hotel despite the missing moisturiser.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, so that we may restore your confidence in our staff.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Spent 2 nights whilst attending a convention. Wonderful spacious clean rooms, friendly professional staff - who always aim to accommodate guests. Excellent location especially close (walking distance) to Convention centre and de Waterkant restaurants. Easily accessible to all amenities. Breakfast very varied and delicious. There was a delay with my check in however they accommodated me and could not do enough to make up for this.

Room Tip: Mountain facing are best rooms, double glazing alleviates noise on all areas.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you, funlovingSouthAfrica for taking the time to post a review on the hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
I'm also pleased to hear that we could make up for the delay in your check in.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

The hotel is beautiful and I felt very welcome. It was so easy to ask any information because of the friendliness of the staff. Breakfast was delicious and a variety to choose from. I thorougly enjoyed having drinks in the afternoon because the staff was so friendly and accomodationg. The food in the evenings was delicious and the waiters professional and very friendly. They really went the extra mile to keep us happy. The rooms were beautiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would really like to stay there again. Each and every staff member I came into contact with was professional, helpfull and friendly. I would like to thank the staff for great service and well done!!! This was truly a memorable stay.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you, fozia_steytler for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and will pass your lovely review on to the all the staff.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I often stay here on business. I noticed that several airlines and tour groups use the place as well. The hotel seems to deal with them swiftly with ease.
The location is really good with easy access to the Waterfront (it is not in the Waterfront as the name may suggest ) . The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. From the front desk , restaurants, bar and room service. The "my chef" option is great. The Chef Tony will whip you favourite off menu meal on no time.
Spacious Rooms with crisp linen, great showers. Top class food with a ever changing buffet. Good value for money hotel . I would not consider it to be a long stay for families with Children. Could work for a short stay with kids.

• Stayed: August 2014

Good day, Onlyoneworld

Thank you for the lovely hotel review.
I'm glad you made use of our wonderful "My Chef" concept where guests can interact directly with our chef's and produce a dish that satisfies your taste buds.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.