Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$149
Hilton
  • Pool
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$216
US$172
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$225
US$169
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$709
US$670
Agoda.com
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$157
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$152
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$244
US$232
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$789
US$768
  • Breakfast included
US$288
US$266
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$368
US$357
1,499 results
All reviewshonesty barkloof streettable mountainpool and hot tubour honeymoonlittle toucheshonor barmobile phonemillers thumbthought of everythingsouth africahome away from homecamps bayrestaurant recommendationscommunal areasevery eveningstay in cape town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at Derwent House for a week in April. This 5 star boutique hotel has knocked my longstanding number one in Quebec City of its first place in my list of favourite places to stay. The design, ambiance, location and most of all the staff make this place somewhere you won't want to leave. Thanks Carol and everyone else at Derwent House for an unforgettable week.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bubblensqueek
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed 3 nights here while we explored Cape Town. The staff made our stay very enjoyable, the attention to detail superb. They gave us good advise regarding places to visit and provided us with a mobile containing local SA numbers including a good safe taxi firm.
The breakfast was good and there was a residents kitchen to allow you to have hot and cold drinks. An honesty bar, fruit.and afternoon tea were also available.
A pleasant sitting area indoors and a lovely garden /pool were welcome to relax in after a days sightseeing.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My family and I stayed at the Derwent House in February this year.
Instead of choosing to stay in a large Hotel,we decided to try a small luxury Hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Adviser. What a great decision that was!
The location was better than we could have wished for and upon entering the Hotel we knew we had arrived somewhere special.The furnishing is first class.
The small group of staff were all superb,in fact within 2 days we knew them all by name and they us. Every day we were asked if we needed reservations to restaurants,tourist attractions etc.They couldn't be more helpful.
We booked 2 rooms and again these were furnished to a very high standard and immaculately clean.Ours was a family room with a kitchen and outdoor sitting area.
A previous review mentioned the Hotel served the best breakfast in town and they weren't kidding. We've stayed in 5 star Hotels worldwide and none beat this!
My party consisted of my wife and I, our two children (9 and 4) along with 2 grandparents and we all fell in love with this place. We felt as if we were staying with old friends.Even the other guests were people you wanted to get to know.
Our first time in a small boutique Hotel will not be our last.The quality of service we received and the attention to detail was exceptional.You couldn't provide that in a large Hotel. I've never known anywhere come close.
The owners and staff all looked like they enjoyed working together and that is rare.
Oh and the price was a third of what we considered paying elsewhere.
We were within walking distance to restaurants,cafes and bars,10 mins to Table Mountain,10 mins to the Waterfront,10 mins to Camps Bay.
Cape Town is our new favourite city and the people of South Africa incredibly friendly.
We can't wait to return to Derwent House to see Caro,l Jo and the wonderful staff.
This a real gem.
Manchester UK.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a part of our honeymoon. The suite we stayed in was amazing - more like an apartment really! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool area was lovely. The breakfasts were fantastic! We really loved this place and would definately look to stay again! Great location to visit the sites of Cape Town too.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This was simply a fabulous hotel, the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, which was fantastic as I was a little nervous about being a lone female travelling alone to South Africa.
The service was superb and on the evenings I didnt wish to go out and dine alone, there was a takeaway menu book, with every type of food available delivered to your room!
I would certainly recommend this hotel, and Its not very often I can confidently say I will go back and stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo