“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 2Inn1 Kensington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
2Inn1 Kensington
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
High Wycombe
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our SA holiday. We booked the 2Inn1 based on reviews from TripAdvisor and we certainly weren't disappointed. We were treated like guests staying at a friends house rather than just another anonymous hotel client. Every single member of staff we came across was absolutely delightful and everyone went out of their way to ensure we had what we needed during our stay. What was particularly nice was to see the owners mucking in with the rest of the staff doing the "dirty" jobs such as serving and clearing up after breakfast. There are some 5* hotels which could learn a thing or two from this personal (but friendly rather than formal) service.

The rooms (we had a standard room with no balcony) are modern and well equipped and we found ours always spotlessly clean. The breakfast buffet was varied and plentiful and they even had HP sauce to go on the bacon & eggs (sadly I usually carry my own bottle when we go on holiday but I'd given it away to a Brazilian guy we met earler on our trip who was quite taken with it when he tried it)!

The 2Inn1 is located in a quiet area of Cape Town virtually on the foothills of Table Mountain. It costs about 50 Rand (approx £4.50) to get a taxi to the V&A Waterfront or Camps Bay both of which are well worth a visit. The views from the top of Table Mountain are genuinely spectacular but I would recommend going up there at your first opportunity (regardless of what you have planned) as the weather can change very quickly and the top becomes shrouded in cloud.

There are several restaurants about 10 mins walk from the hotel and we enjoyed a meal in Bacini's Italian restaurant which served good food at laughably reasonable prices. It felt reasonably safe walking after dark in the vicinity of the hotel but always take advice from the hotel staff who are happy to advise on security matters.

Just to reinforce the comments on personal service we were left a lengthy hand-written note on our last evening from the owners thanking us for staying with them and wishing us a safe onward journey - most unexpected but in keeping with the fantastic service we received throughout our stay.

Overall we thought this was a fantastic place to stay and if we ever went back to Cape Town we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HighWycombeTraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
London England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed at 2Inn1 at the beginning of November for 4 nights and it was completely fabulous. As two mature/old women we are used to being overlooked or ignored, not so here! Having just stepped off the plane in the early morning and driven to the hotel we were met by Klaus with a very welcome drink and whilst waiting for our room to be serviced he discussed with us possible options for our stay. Within no time at all, tables were booked for each evening meal with taxi pick up times to match. The programme for each day finalised and we thought we had landed in heaven - we had!.
The whole staff team are exceptional, they have got the right combination of friendliness and efficiency and all worked so hard.
The touches of having your own cell phone with taxi and hotel numbers pre-programmed is inspirational.
The open ended breakfast times must be unique - (certainly wouldn't happen in the UK!) and they were fabulous. Weight was not lost!
We will return - its just a matter of when.
Thank you all so much for making our stay so special.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank blanketbay
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I have just returned from a week's stay at 2inn1 and can truly say that it is the best hotel in which I have stayed......ever.

From the moment I was greeted at the gate on arrival, and my bag taken from the car, I was made to feel so very welcome. This was a feeling which would last my entire stay, with absolutely nothing being a problem for the staff, and every request catered for.... unquestionably.

My room was perfect and had the most awesome views of Table Mountain, Lion's Head and Signal Hill. To wake up in the morning and have a coffee on the terrace, looking at these amazing sights just took my breath away.....every day.

The decoration and facilities in the room were exceptionally well thought out. Providing a cell phone is an inspired idea. The wi-fi, throughout the house, is complimentary, with a very strong signal which never failed once during my stay. The bed was huge and, together with the high quality linens, was intensely comfortable. Nightly turn-down service was discrete and made for a welcoming return to the room after an evening in Cape Town.

Breakfast is so laid back and comforting, with a large assortment of food to start your day. Hot food is cooked to perfection. The tiny grilled tomatoes were the sweetest I have ever eaten and the entire, unrushed start to the day was simply unrivalled.

The atmosphere during the day is amazingly restful and, certainly for me, the absence of any children was a massive bonus and contributed to the superbly comforting ambience.

There are not enough words to describe how friendly, accommodating and helpful all the staff are, particularly in recommending restaurants or places to go, and making the booking for you and printing out menus and directions. The whole process of deciding what to do in the evening is made all the more pleasant while drinking a sundowner on the terrace as the sun sets. Truly magical.

It must be incredibly hard work to make 2inn1 the special place that it is, but all the staff make it look so effortless. Thank you for creating a piece of paradise in one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited, and for making it a truly special place to stay. The memories which were made during my week there will remain with me for ever. Thank you.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 9, in the new part of the house, and would honestly say that I think it had the bes...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank barcodebryan
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

3rd stay at 2inn1 and only keeps getting better. This place is genuinely one of a kind, and I doubt you find a better guest house anywhere in the world. Totally unsurpassed, Klaus, Chris, Steffi and Claire are the best hosts you could ever wish for. They are kind and genuine and incredibly hard working, and bend over backwards to accomodate any request. This place is a true one of its kind. Please never change! It goes without saying that we will be back.

1 Thank scruffybags
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I took my boyfriend on a surprise birthday holiday to Cape Town and stumbled across the hotel on this website. I was so impressed with the reviews that I booked it immediately even though it was out of my price range - I was lucky to be offered the last luxury room. (And once there I could see the demand for rooms was not exaggerated).

They had made some recommendations in advance as to what activities to book and organised a taxi to pick us up from the airport.

When we arrived we were greeted at the door by Klaus who took our bags and showed us around. We met the other members of the team later - around 16 of them - all extremely friendly and helpful. They helped me to organise the excursions that I hadn't managed to book, recommended excellent restaurants and a car rental, provided advise and made sure we were happy with everything. They even gave us champagne, a little cake with a candle and sang happy birthday to my partner. Steffi had managed to get us a reservation at a much sort after restaurant - they really did go the extra mile, I have never come across people so willing to help and make sure that you have the best possible time.

The guest house is in a beautiful area with an awesome view of Table mountain in the background. The rooms and grounds were meticulous at all times. We took advantage of the complimentary drinks by the jacuzzi and the hot stone massage was just what we needed after our long journey there. The breakfast was soooo good and we often ate so much we could not manage lunch (especially if you want to wear a bikini by the pool!)

Many of the people staying there had been to Cape Town before and were not new to the 2inn1 and it was obvious why they kept returning. We were welcomed like family and left knowing that we could return at any time, even if we were not going to stay.

We could not have had a better time and can not recommend the 2inn1 enough. It was our best holiday ever and so hard to return home. We will definitely be returning.

Manchester England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

This was our second visit at the 2 Inn 1 Kensington and I am glad to say that it is still the best hotel/guesthouse we have stayed at anywhere in the world! It is is a beautiful house in a great location in a wonderful city.

However what really makes this place special are the staff who provide the very best customer service that we have ever recieved at any hotel anywhere.

Klaus,Kris,the lovely Steffi and all their staff are the real reason this place is so wonderful and we have already booked to return and are counting down the days

Derek & Janet (Manchester)

1 Thank UNITEDTILLIDIE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just returned from a great two week trip to South Africa, Our time was unbelievable thanks to the the great and personal service from the staff at the 2inn1 Kensington hotel. Located in a safe neighborhood with close proximity to all attractioms . Taxi service very reliable and very inexpensive, made even more convenient with the local cell phone provided by the hotel with the numbers of the hotel and taxi company already preprogrammed for you.

The rooms are very comfortable with heated floors, free soft drinks and great furnishings, Breakfast was wonderful, served from 8a-12p. Complimentary afternoon drinks around a wonderful pool area with hot tub.

The only thing better than the hotel itself was the personal service of the hotel staff. From the time you check in until the time you check out, Klaus, Claire, Steffi, Tomas and the entire crew go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure your stay is perfect in every way..... from making restaurant recommendations and reservations, booking tours, and airport transfers....they made everything easy and enjoyable. Highly recommend this hotel for a great visit to Cape Town!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple