“A wonderful place - agree with all reviews”
Review of 2Inn1 Kensington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
2Inn1 Kensington
Ranked #1 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was worried that, having read all the reviews, that my expectations would be set too high for 2 inn 1 - they were not and the hotel lived up to all reviews.
We were there for 4 nights 9- 12 May and met both wpbakerbill and ronvoyage whose reviews are already in - I agree with everything they say and add: my husband's birthday on 10th, at breakfast Steffi, Klaus and all the staff came out with a cake and a bottle of champagne, and sang happy birthday twice - in English & Afrikkans - a wonderful way to start his birthday. Nothing was too much trouble - the hotel is exceptional.
When we left Steffie, Klaus and Liston stood on the pavement waving us off - it felt like we were leaving our friends house. I cannot recommend 2Inn1 highly enough.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great Atmosphere !! The rooms are great. The shower is very nice . The beds are great !! It is a few miles from downtown which is nice and Quiet. The food is very good. I would love to go back and stay a week. The staff is excellent. There are no negatives about this Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. We stayed in one of the front rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel to be in.. everything is so lovely over here. I came with my kids n husband for a holiday in august, tasty food, the staff is very helpful n friendly. We recommend this hotel as a superb place

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank namita-ajodhiya
Reviewed 27 May 2014

There are hotels with more spectacular locations, more spectacular lobbies, and grander rooms but none offer the superior customer service that the 2inn1 Kensington offers. From the moment you walk in, a person asks how they can help you make your vacation better. Restaurant reservations, tour arrangements, printing out airline boarding passes, etc.. are taken care of. I stayed 4 nights and I was asked how they could help me every morning after I walked into the breakfast area to get my cooked to order breakfast, and every evening after I had my complementary wine and snack. They even provided a local cellphone pre-programmed with the hotel's phone number and a recommended taxi service to help you if you had questions while you were not in the hotel!

While I have been to hotels with more spectacular views, the 2inn1 Kensington view of Table Top mountain is pretty impressive. Rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable.

Kudos to the 2inn1 Kensington, you really deserve the high ratings you've gotten. There is no other place I would want to stay in if I went back to Cape Town.

Room Tip: Book early, its not a large hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Middle_Aged_Guy
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Could not believe the personal attention we received from all the staff at 2inn1. They make this hotel extraordinary. Of course the location (close to Table Mountain cable car/Lion's Head and short taxi to Waterfront), view, pool and amazing food help but the staff really went out of their way to make sure we got the best out of Cape Town.
When you arrive, they sit you down and find out what you want to do/see during your stay. Then, they recommend how and when to fit it all in.
You are also provided with a local cell phone you carry with you to call a trusted cab company whenever you like.
I had a pretty good idea of what our itinerary was going to be when we got there but they made it perfect by recommending alternate routes to see stunning views I had not known about (Chapman's Peak at sunset!)
Overall, cannot say enough about this place. Clean, friendly, great food, recently renovated, huge beautiful bathroom/shower, etc, etc. There is nowhere else I will stay should we return to Cape Town.

2  Thank JtheEN
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the 2INN1 from the 4th to the 10th May 2014 and still cannot believe how well we were looked after and how good this boutique hotel was. When I booked the hotel, Tripadviser was unable to confirm availability, but a quick email with an instant response from Steffi confirmed availability, but do not leave it to the last minute to book as this place is more popular than ever and is usually fully booked!
No surprise that it is the highest rated boutique hotel in Cape Town and why all of the accolades that are written in Trip Advisor are so great.
We were met by Steffi in the lovely pool area and immediately provided with drinks and snacks as she described the property and learned of our plans. From this time forward I am sure that Steffi is clairvoyant as she seemed to know just what we wanted and made sure it happened. From great restaurants to taxis to organising a tandem parachute jump, It was all handled with care, speed and amazing attention to detail. When Steffi was not present, Claire stepped right in and continued the impeccable record of service with a smile.
Our very spacious apartment (No.6) had a lovely king sized bed, beautiful walk in shower and great facilities including a patio, and entertainment system. A generous breakfast with a superb range of cooked and healthy food is included in the rate along with water in the room's refrigerator. Sundowners such as complimentary beer, wine, and soft drinks are available from 6:00 to 8:00pm each night. They also provided us a free cell phone so we could stay in communications with the hotel or call the Red Sport Taxi Company, it is the little things like this that sets this hotel head and shoulders above the rest. I asked if a reservation could be made for the spectacular High Tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel and two minutes later I received a confirmation of our reservation. These are just a few of the many examples of super efficient and can do attitudes that every member of the team has which is so refreshing to find these days.
The hotels two owners, Klaus and Chris, were always present and showed genuine interest in learning what we had been doing during the day and what our plans were for tomorrow. The property is spotless, with the tremendous pride of the owners showing everywhere.
They really care about exceeding the expectations of the guests.

Indulge yourself with a treatment or massage with the onsite therapist, you will love it and the value is amazing. I also challenge you to stop Liston from smiling, he has a wonderful caring attitude!
The location of 2INN1 is near the base of Table Mountain in the Garden section of Cape Town, so you are a short cheap taxi ride from the waterfront but there are some stunning restaurants also nearby, including Nelsons Eye and Hussars.

When we return to Cape Town the only place I will to stay is at the 2inn1.

Room Tip: Book early because there are only ten rooms. The rooms with a view of the mountains are special. I would particularly recommend rooms 5 & 6

If you are lucky enough to find a vacancy, book it immediately as you will not be disappointed.

To Klaus, Christopher, Steffi and Claire, Thank-you for your time, dedication, friendliness and 6 star service, Best Regards and see you soon, Bill & Julie x

Room Tip: Room 5 or 6!
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I stayed there for a week in January and it was absolutely perfect. I have never received better service anywhere. It was easy to see why the have so many repeat customers. We will return as often as possible!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
Cape Grace
#7 of 112 in Cape Town Central

Been to 2Inn1 Kensington? Share your experiences!