“Home from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 2Inn1 Kensington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
2Inn1 Kensington
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Home from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a fantastic little boutique hotel for a quick stop over or for a longer holiday to Cape Town. My room was spacious and clean and the food was first class. I was made to feel so welcome, that it really was like home from home. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff go that extra mile to make sure you are made to feel special; even welcoming you when you arrive and waving you off as you leave. Unfortunately the winter weather didn't allow me to use the swimming pool; but hopefully I will stay in the summer on a future visit and I can really relax around the cosy pool area. Thank you Steffi and the 2inn1 team, you certainly know the meaning of great customer service!

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are very spacious.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ray B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The service on this visit was amazing! The room was large and well appointed but it was the staff's knowledge of the city and attention to our needs, whether for tea in the afternoon or arrangements for transportation or meals or by serving perfect breakfasts, that really made this stay memorable. As the staff explained, "Our goal is that you come as a guest but leave as a friend." Mission accomplished!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul M
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at 2Inn1 with my partner in 2012 and I still think about my stay regularly. I'd love to come back to Cape Town and relive my experiences here again. Everything about 2inn1 is 5 stars. Incredible!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here again and everything is still at top level. The entire hotel is perfectly maintained and the level of service is above and beyond expectations. Steffi, Claire and all the staff went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable and memorable. All recommendations for tours, restaurants and all requests we had were individually and perfectly addressed. Thank you so much again for a wonderful time and definitely see you again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 677mtrav
Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great trip to Cape Town on the last leg of our honeymoon.

2Inn 1 hotel were fantastic from start to finish.

They recommended trips and restaurants to help us make the most of the 5 days we were in Cape Town then booked them all for us ahead of our trip.

When we had a bad experience on one of the excursions the staff assisted us and actually sorted out a full refund for us.

Hotel itself is in a great area - at the foot of Table Mountain and looking out at the Lions Head. Quiet road but close enough to be able to walk into the city.

Hotel is beautifully furnished - lots of arty pieces throughout and a very modern feel but still very comfortable.

We didn't use the pool because our days were so jam packed there was no time, but we did spend an hour in the hot tub and we also made use of the spa treatments.

Breakfast is an absolute banquet and couldn't set you up better for the day ahead.

Great place, great hotel, exceptional staff!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kezbag
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I spent 3 nights at the 2-inn-1 Kennsington at the start and at the end of a 10 day trip in South Africa. I travel a lot for business and private in nice locations, but I believe this one of the best hotel experience I have had. I was particularly amazed by the standards of service and friendliness of the owner - Klaus - and his team. The location is outstanding: a nice mansion up-hill in a quiet and upscale neighborhood. It is surrounded by vegetation.
From the jacuzzi, I remember the super nice view on the Table mountain at sunset. We also had a nice view on the Lion Head mountain from our large balcony and could enjoy drinks there. The rooms are very modern and nicely decorated with a local touch and all amenities. Some are very smart, such as a small cell phone to call a taxi from their partner company after a night out.

Klaus and his team are outstanding, and make you feel welcome. On one occasion, Klaus offered me a ride to catch the last cable car going up the Table mountain.

I would definitely recommend the place. It makes you want to come back to South Africa just for that !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alain H
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Excellence comes in many forms. For the 2Inn1 Kensington, it is in terms of service and warmth. The entire staff made my wife and I feel comfortable and pampered, without being overwhelmed.

But before talking about this, let me briefly describe other aspects of this charming ten-room hotel. The room, a luxury double room, was quite nice, with a lovely balcony overlooking Lion’s Head peak that is part of Table Mountain and a park containing the prime minister’s house. The bed was large and comfortable and there was sufficient storage space for suitcases and clothes. The bathroom was more than adequate with a stand-alone shower and, again, adequate storage space for the toiletries. The breakfast was very pleasant with a substantial cold buffet containing several cereals, fruit, juices, and breads. Additionally, there was a small menu containing hot breakfasts from which to choose, as well as a daily special. The room, the breakfast, and the various common areas of the hotel, while certainly very nice and well above average, are not what puts this hotel in the excellent category.

As stated above, the service and warmth makes this hotel stand out from most others and makes it a must when traveling to Cape Town. The desire to assist in a sincere and warm manner is ingrained in every staff from the owners, Klaus and Chris, to management (Steffi and Claire), and all the other staff. The level of assistance and care can be shown by just three rather small examples. One morning I was questioning Steffi about a restaurant for dinner when Klaus, who obviously overheard our conversation, came out of the office with a copy of the menu. On another day, as I was going to the office to ask for an envelope, I ran into one of the groundskeepers/general assistants who immediately asked if he could get me a drink or provide me with any other service. Finally, the hotel provides you with a small cell phone with the phone numbers of the hotel and its preferred taxi service pre-programmed into the phone. Now, that is what I call service. Oh, and before I forget, the daily, complimentary happy hour is very pleasant and helped us meet some of the other guests.

In summary, my wife and I felt as if we had a personal concierge during our stay at the 2Inn1 Kensington.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple