“A perfect stay”
Review of 2Inn1 Kensington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
2Inn1 Kensington
Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 11 November 2009

On a very good and quiet location on the way to the table mountain, the 2inn1 is the first establishment in my experience that got the professionalism of a luxury hotel together with the warm and friendly atmosphere of a family business. The rooms and all the facilities are also modern and stylish as functional, and the staff and the management help you in a way that you feel at home from the first contact till after check out. The breakfast is a good place to get helpful recommendations for your day and evening as well as a tasty start of the day.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2009

We travelled to the 2inn1 kensington as our first guesthouse on our 18day stay South Africa. The guest house was easy to find and is positioned beautifully on the slopes of Table Mountain and with a view of Lion's Head. We were greeted on the doorstep as we drove up outside. On arrival we were offered tea and discussed our plans Steffie organised our afternoon at the V&A waterfront and then evening food at Baia (which serves amazing shellfish).
Klaus, Chris, Steffi, Kerstin and thw whole team were so inviting and friendly. Our room a standard room in the new portion of the house, with a beautiful bathroom with large 2 person shower and underfloor heating. Turndowns and little somethings were an added touch as were the use of a mobile - which came in handy for our communication with my best friend a South African getting married that week. Breakfast is taken in the main house and was lovely with a full buffet of continental hams, cheeses, yogurts and fruit and cooked as requested. We only spent 2 nights here but we loved every moment and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a guesthouse in Cape Town.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madagascan_butterfly
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We arrived at 2Inn1 Kensington after a long overnight flight and couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. Although early, our rooms were ready and waiting for us and Klaus, Chris and Steffi did everything possible to make us feel at home - even offering us a very welcome late breakfast!
The rooms are wonderful with every detail thought of, including the mobile phone available to use during our stay!
A specific highlight has to be the afternoon sundowner offered to us in the Jaccuzi - such fun bubbling away with a Gin and Tonic!!
Its so nice to stay somewhere where people remember your name and think of what you might want/need before you do. Each evening our taxis were organised and when we sadly left to move on to our next location, Klaus had taken the trouble to map our route and set the Sat Nav for us making sure we saw the best sights along the way. They even took the time to come out and wave us off - really making you feel like part of the family.
They really set the standard for our holiday in South Africa and we spent the remaining 2 weeks comparing all other guest houses back to 2Inn1.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank AkaChezza
Reviewed 1 October 2009

It is just impossible to describe how amazing this place is!! It's no surprise it has so many 5 stars!! And sometimes it's the littlest things that make a stay memorable, and 2inn1 had plenty. The main positives are the incredible attention paid to the guests from the staff, Steffi and Klaus, which included sightseeing recommendations, dinner reservations and taxi bookings!! Nothing was ever too much trouble!! We were so well taken care off it felt like we lived there!! I loved the fact we were given a mobile phone with a prepaid amount on it so we would have a South African mobile to call taxis from out and about, which saved us a fortune!! The shower was just unreal, one of the nicest I have ever had and that's very important to me!! The beds are very comfortable too. The place is slightly expensive but completely worth it. We stayed in the luxury double and it's just a pity the weather wasn't slightly better that we could've used our balcony and the pool!! Next time tho....

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Worems
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I stayed with my dad for 5 days and it was amazing. The recommendations from Steffi for tours, shopping and restaurants was great. One gets the feeling that it's a big warm home instead of a cold hotel. The only thing was the location, it's a bit far from the center and waterfront...however the taxi service they have it's cheap, safe and fast.
if we are back in Cape Town i would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank prosignia300
Reviewed 22 September 2009

This vacation was a chance for me to take a break from a very stressful occupation and to share my first time in Africa with my wife. I have never had the opportunity to travel alone with my wife in our 18 years of marriage and frankly was a little nervous on how things would turn out.

Thankfully, the 2inn1 Kensington greeted us in the form of Steffi coming into the street to see us personally as well as the beautiful curb appeal of the inn and it's surrounding neighbourhood. It was like a big warm hug, and set the tone for the remainder of our stay. We were ushered into a stunning Victorian period home that has been transformed by the owners Klaus and Chris into a oasis of understated luxury and elegance. We were offered this night as every night a sundowner which included the best of South African wines I had the pleasure of enjoying in that country.

Our room did not disappoint in any way. They have thought of everything and frankly some things I did not think of like an umbrella that one might find need of. Right down to the little things such as a cellular telephone that we were welcome to use during our stay. The beds were a dream to sleep on, and every night we found a delicious chocolate on the pillow after staff had turned down the covers. I only wish I had a shower at home as relaxing and refreshing.

Every morning were were greeted by Steffi and the ladies and treated like family. However, my Mum would never have put on a breakfast like this. This was more like a mid day meal, with so many choices of baked goods, fruit, meats and cooked menu items. It made me feel like I was in a movie or at least a movie star with this level of service. Service like this does not exist in North America any longer and boy do I ever know now what I have been missing all my life when away from home.

Steffi was always a part of our activity planning each morning and was a fountain of knowledge on what might appeal to our tastes and the best way to accomplish our goals. She even gave me tips on the best places to park in town and the quickest way to get there. Dining on the town was always made more special with Steffi suggesting places tourists might not normally see, such as Panama Jack's. She told us we were taking a taxi there as we would not find it by ourselves but not to worry as it would be worth the effort. As always we were not led astray and enjoyed one of the finest seafood meals to be found anywhere. In fact we were given ideas on so many fantastic places to see and eat we could not possibly fit it all in to one visit to the 2inn1 Kensington.

Sadly we could not meet Klaus and Chris in person as they were away from the inn during our stay, but Steffi and all of the staff have it well in hand and there is not one thing I could complain about. Except to say that the stay was not long enough, and they have set the standard of my expectations so high that we were always compairing the following places to the 2inn1 and they always fell short in some respect. This stay made us feel welcome, comfortable and set the tone for the remainder of our visit to South Africa which was the best three weeks of my life. I reconnected with my wife over this vacation and fell in love with her all over again and it all started here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jollyjacktar321
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We spent a wonderful week at 2INN1, I know everything has been said before but Klaus, Chris, Stephi and all the team make you so welcome with their warmth and hospitality, they all go out of their way to make sure you have a superb time.
They really made our trip by suggesting places to see and go, booking trips and suggesting and booking restaurants for dinner, especially finding places which had plenty of vegetarian options for my husband, taxis were booked and on 2 occasions they even dropped us at the restaurants. Their kindness and generosity as hosts really made our stay.
2INN1 is beautiful, the setting is magical with table mountain and Lion's head as a backdrop, the breakfast room lounge and outdoor areas are so tasteful and stylish, the bedrooms are lovely, very comfortable and as already mentioned they have everything
you could possibly wish for. The loan of a mobile phone made us feel secure as we could phone for reputable taxis when out and about, another thoughtful touch.
Breakfast was gorgeous, so beautifully presented and everything was so fresh and delicious, the eggs were always perfectly cooked and so tasty.
We have stayed in many lovely hotels but the 2INN1 team have created something very special, you really feel cared about, we would come back in an instance.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Four Rosmead
#3 of 110 in Cape Town Central
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay

Been to 2Inn1 Kensington? Share your experiences!