“Great value for dollar”

Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #31 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this lovely guest house. The rooms are nicely set up and very clean. There is a blow-dryer in the room. Also appreciate that they have a multi-outlet electricity bar by the desk in the room for computers and phones. Makes it easy to access without bending around under furniture trying to find an outlet. Plus they offered high-speed internet access which reaches all the rooms and was very reliable. Bathroom has all of the amenities plus nice touches like q-tips and cleansing pads. If you like to take a bath, make sure you request a room with a bathtub. My room was very quiet. I slept very well.

Staff were fantastic. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Staff would look things up for me and order a taxi whenever I needed one. The guesthouse also keeps lots of brochures and a few binders with information to help guests plan their trips. I also appreciated that they have a binder with restaurant menus which was very helpful in deciding my evening destination. The breakfast was fantastic as well. I arrived quite early my first morning, before they opened for breakfast, yet the staff put together everything for me as if I was on time. They know how to provide good service with a smile.

The location was perfect for me!

I can highly recommend this guesthouse. It was great value for the cost. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel with one night inbetween elsewhere. Both rooms were spacious and individually decorated, which gives them a nice touch. The owners and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to help with making phonecalls for us and serving breakfast early both days. Breakfast is excellent with many choices. Above all the freshly made fruitsallad was great. The relaxing area on the top-deck is very nice with a good view to Table Mountain. We also apreciated the self-service of the honesty bar. Locationswise it's situated in a quiete and safe area within walkingdistance to nice restaurants. We had a great stay, thank you.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Positives: Really nice location with a terrific restaurant (Miller's Thumb) just around the corner. Friendly, helpful staff and great breakfast. The view of Table Mountain from the terrace was wonderful. Room 1 was large and comfortable.

Not so positive: Even with closed windows, our next door neighbor's air conditioner kept us awake all night. We were directed to use the side entrance which meant climbing outdoor stairs with luggage to get to our room. No sitting room for our group to gather in. Room 1 décor was a bit garish.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed over a week at the Leeuwenvoet House, upon a move to Cape Town, after thoroughly researching on-line guesthouses and hotels in Cape Town. The owners and staff (especially Isabel) were warm and very helpful. The whole guesthouse was beautifully decorated with lots of little lovely touches - even my real estate agent who only used the downstairs toilet and communal lounge remarked how nice the guesthouse was. The location is very safe and near lots of restaurants and bars and a mall with a grocery store, wine store and ATMs. I had a strong wifi (free) signal in my spacious room. Although not all rooms get wifi but wifi is always available in the communal areas and is also free. As it is a small guesthouse, other guests were friendly and the staff were very accommodating. Breakfast was big, with lots of choices and fresh fruit salad (yeah!) and great omelettes. The parking area looked very secure. The bathtubs are in the rooms so you can even watch TV (no satellite but I don't think most of the guests would not want it anyways) while soaking if you opt for a bathtub. I thoroughly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: First room above the breakfast area had view of Table Mountain and wifi.
Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This guesthouse is located in Tamboerskloof, which is an up-and-coming (ie being gentrified!) part of Cape Town. It is a wonderful place to stay. The location is excellent - with views of Table Mountain from the deck - in an area that is safe to walk around, and has some lovely bars and restaurants. It is also a relatively short walk to the 'buzzy' part of CapeTown in Long Street. The staff are great - especially Theresa, who found us a room to store our bags during our last day while we had 8 hours to kill before leaving for the airport. This is the sort of attention to guests which typifies this place - fantastic service, great staff, and a breakfast which could keep you going all day!

Room Tip: Room B22 has a bathtub in the corner where you can lie back and look at Table Mountain!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 06D123
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Had a really wonderful stay! The staff where amazing! The rooms where spacious and clean at all times! The breakfast was really enjoyable! Truly I would recommend Leeuwenvoet to everyone who needs accommodation in Cape Town!

Shadre and the rest of your staff, thank you very much again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Helena M, Owner at Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We appreciate your enthusiasm for Leeuwenvoet House! - Shadré and the team in particular. Thank you for that.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I had a situation where we needed accommodation urgently. Leeuwenvoet House had their doors open to us in a heart beat.

The guesthouse is immaculate, delightful and so homely, we felt right at home. With staff catering to us at breakfast and providing the most friendliest welcome, we were amazed.

We would definitely return and we encourage anyone who is looking for a relaxing and friendly feel-at-home environment to give them a call.

Thank you Leeuwenvoet for your hospitality.

Best,
B&Z

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your very kind words. We are happy to have been in a position to help you out when you needed it.
We find it uplifts our staff when our guests appreciate their efforts and for that, we thank you. Hope to have you as guests again soon!