“Must visit”

Ranked #342 of 1,196 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Redemption Burgers is a gourmet burger bar where all burgers and toppings are prepared freshly in-store. Each burger has been paired to a specific South African craft beer. A large range of local craft beers are stocked and our passionate beer experts will gladly take you through the range. The venue is ideal for groups and pairings/tastings can be arranged.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you like a good burger look no further. Consistently serving great burgers with great spirit. Just be warned that you will be back to try one of the other pairings. I'm still to decide which is my favourite!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Cape Town has long been known as a dining destination with various options of good cuisine, and these clever folk at Redemption have certainly added to that. Not only can you enjoy a truly exceptional burger, but paired with a craft beer of your choice - genius. They are a breath of fresh air as there is nothing pretentious about these burgers nor the folk who run the joint - just tasty, down-to-earth awesomeness. With beer...

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Whilst walking through the Biscuit Mill in my lunch hour the other day, I stumbled upon Redemption Burgers. Despite being on the Tim Noakes no carb diet, I decided to still try them out and was utterly surprised that they didn't look at me twice when I asked for a bun-less chicken burger. Emile as he introduced himself straightaway asked if I would like to then replace the chips with salad. I have never eaten a chicken breast as juicy and tender as this before, and the sauce was just amazing. I have been back a few times to try the other burgers for dinner and do the beer and burger pairing which have all been great (especially the ostrich). The service is always friendly and the staff down to earth and humble. I also like that I can pay with SnapScan. So even though I haven't had the bun, the meat makes a burger and that is enough for me.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've eaten out a fair amount in and around Cape Town. Whether it's the dissatisfied belly, the lighter wallet, or the lack of good beer, there is always something missing.

Redemption Burgers has somehow managed to fulfill my much desired with a munching burger, a cold local brew, and some insanely good vibes from their open framed kitchen layout.

With all the competition to find a half descent quick bit while enjoying a beer without feeling like a tourist in your own city, give this spot the try!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've been to Redemption quit a few times now and really loved it, awesome atmosphere, And THE BEST BURGERS in the whole world. Definitely crafting the hell out of their burgers. Go make a turn :)