“on top of the world”
Review of Manhattan Lofts

and 1 more site!
Manhattan Lofts
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have traveled extensively and recently returned to Cape Town after my previous visit being in 2005 during which time I stayed at the Manhattan Penthouse and loved it. The apartment had a spacious loft feel and had the most awesome views feeling like being on top of the world in little Cape Town which has to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. On my return trip my first impression was 'wow' the place has been totally revamped and has taken on an entirely new dimension. When I spoke to the owner 'Bobby Fischer' on my arrival he informed me that he had redecorated the apartment in 2007. I must say I enjoyed my stay even more this time round and would recommend this place to anyone considering value for money and amazing one of a kind views

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We booked this as we wanted Luxury without the expense that we would get in staying right on the V&A.

The apartment has the most stunning views of Table Mountain and Cape Town.

We really enjoyed our stay here and definitely would book it again, the maid was fantastic and our stay there on the whole really enjoyable.

My only suggestion would be is to have a little welcome pack for guests, small carton of milk, some tea and coffee and sugar, I would have happily paid extra for that, we landed after midnight and got to the apartment after 1am, it was a shame that we couldn't have a hot drink when we got there, and I think that if that was offered to guests it would even better :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cora P
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Me, my husband and two daughters spent 10 glorious days in Cape Town in April 2012. The trip was a business trip for me and a holiday for the rest of the family. We stayed at the Manhattan Penthouse, which was clean, spacious and well functioning apartment in the middle of Cape Town. It was so good to be able to cook breakfast and even dinner on a couple of nights ans eat around the table - as if you were a bit at home in South Africa.

The location was very convenient, as I had a congress in the CTICC, and the girls and my husband were able to scoot around the city - everything was quite near, and the view from the balcony just incredible to both directions.

The housekeeper also did her job without disturbing our stay and the staff at the Cape Lodge were also friendly when we strolled to the lobby to order a cab or ate a meal in the restaurant. There were lots of restaurants on the Long Street with the possibility for take away or dining. The only unexpected thing was the occasional heavy wind, but then we heard that it is typical for Cape Town! I definitely will go back to Manhattan Penthouse if I stay in Cape Town again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I recently stayed at Manhattan Lofts and enjoyed my stay immensley . The unit was very modern and my view of Table Mountain ,was amazing .

The Loft was centrally situated for me ,close to a wonderfull coffeshop and near a restaurant and Subway Sandwich .I enjoyed the secure parking and good security at the complex .

I will be back

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We recently stayed at manhattan lofts. We are also in the hospitality business. We can speak highly of this apartment! Everything was very
clean and the furniture stylish. Everybody was very friendly and helpfull. Also safe with the undercover parking. Can recomend it to anyone who wants to stay in Cape Town.
Harry and Marianka

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harryscapetown
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and i visited cape town again after 7 years and we wanted to stay in town this time round. We contacted Manhattan Lofts and we got an immediate response from Bobby Fischer regarding the rates and availability. Bobby was very responsive to our needs and made sure that we were comfortable with everything that was being proposed well before our arrival.

The loft we stayed in was definitely up to our expectations. It was very secure, easily accessible and a very nice view. We had maid service everyday, laundry facilities were also provided and the driver even came to pick up and drop the laundry:-)

We were very happy with the loft itself, its location (walking distance from Loop and Long Street as well as the Green Market Square!) and the overall welcome of staff working there as well as the flexibility and responsiveness of Bobby. It definitely made our stay memorable!

We have already recommended Manhattan Lofts to our friends and family!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and i visited Cape Town from09/05/12 to 12/05/12. I wanted to surprise her by b ooking a top class apartment.The pictures on the website are to die for. When we got to the lofts ( finally) i could have died. IT is old and smelly. It is in a down trodden area of Cape Town. Another review says it is near everything. He is mistaken. The lower end of Bree st is close to the V AND A .We phoned Bobby and were met with a lot of resistance from him.We finally got him to agree to move us to an apartment in the waterfront. This after many phone calls and 2 different cell numbers for Bobby. To add insult he marked up the waterfront units by 100 percent. This we found because we went onto the website of HHH.South Africa is a beautiful country but people like Bobby make it their hunting ground.

Room Tip: Stay at the waterfront or at any hotel in or about yhe waterfront.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
BobbyCapeTown, Owner at Manhattan Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

This is the type of review that is very misleading to other travelers !

Firstly the guest booked 1 day before his arrival at Manhattan Penthouse
which makes one feel how seriously does he takes his vacations!

Secondly the guest has attacked my character more than the apartment.
which i find very strange.

I did not charge the guests a 50% cancellation fee as per our reservation/ cancellation policy . Furthermore i assisted the guest with immediate accommodation in the V/A waterfront "front row" facing the Yacht Marina which is the most exclusive part . The client informed me that he had a budget of R2000. I offered a special last minute rate of R2000 per day . which is 50% discount off the rack rate of R4000 per day

I do not understand how a person can make a remark "that it is people like Bobby that make South Africa a hunting ground"

Please read our other reviews and ignore this review which is not a true reflection on anything .

I also don't understand how a person can say smelly apartment in dirt part of Cape Town
Clearly if one reads the other reviews you should get a better picture of the type of person that wrote this review from Durban