Cactus House
US$133
US$114
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$131
Hilton
  • Pool
US$269
US$211
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$833
US$485
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$276
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$221
US$176
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$201
US$181
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$619
US$495
Agoda.com
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$367
US$315
Agoda.com
All reviewsgay guest houseold victorianother guestscooked breakfast on offergay districtdirect access to the pooltable mountainshared balconysmall guest househome away from homekloof streetsuperior roomrooms are spaciousbreakfast tableevery morningnice breakfastfelt like home
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The place is gorgeous! My room was spacious and cozy, with spectacular views of Table Mountain from my balcony. One of my favorite moments in CT was sipping some excellent South African red wine while soaking in the claw foot tub on my balcony watching the sun set on Table Mountain after a long day of hiking. This was followed by a tasty dinner with my hosts at a nearby seafood place on Kloof Street. So many great restaurants and shops within a short distance too. Julian and Simon are wonderful hosts. They gave great advice on things to do and had plenty of resources on hand. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Timmi002
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We were 4 friends who visited Cactus House for 10 nights during the spring of 2012 and this was truly an experience never to forget infact, one of THE BEST we've had in a while. Cactus House is a clean, comfortable, privately owned gay guest house with rooms that are just perfect, service that is beyond excellent and attention to detail is so evident, it's almost unreal. Even though there was some renovations happening at the back pool area, Julian "our host" still managed to keep things orderly and of a very high standard. A healthy, scrumptious and satisfying breakfast is served between 8am and 11am (more time than that of many other places) and is prepared when you arrive and not 2 hours before and left to dry. Julian's knowledge, and suggestions on where to eat, places to see and what to do just made it so much easier for us to plan and see so much more than we've come to Cape Town for and I quote.. OUTSTANDING. We will definately be returning to the Cactus House very soon and look forward to seeing the Fabulous new improvements at your guesthouse. Thank you for a wonderful guys.

Room Tip: Guys if you are 4 friends or two couples then I suggest you book the two superior rooms at the front of the house. It has a fantastic view of Table mountain and a very cool outside victorian bath.This is really nice at sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Chad D
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Delicious little boutique situated in the cool and convenient little suburb of Oranjezicht. Fab and Very friendly hosts but not OTT. The breakfasts are home cooked and the setting is very relaxing - quick walk to Kloof Street. Just a lovely place.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank TravelsInTechnicolor
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This should be advertized as a smoking b&b, because I felt the smoke pervaded my experience. The owner and his boyfriend smoke inside the house, which I think is against the law in a hotel, certainly if it is not advertised as a smokers paradise. The breakfast was sometimes excellent, and sometimes not. All this inattention to detail (and disregard of nonsmokers) is unfortunate because they are all nice guys. Also, the location on the online map shows them at the top of the hill, while they are actually at the bottom, facing quite a busy street. This makes it hard to use the balcony to relax, and I second an earlier reviewer who says there is very little space to hang out other than in the room (also because of the pervasive smoking). And finally, I was told there was a proper desk to work ag: again, inaccurate information; there is a desk on the terrace, but it is not really a desk to work at.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank NONSmoker963
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Couple of months ago I had luck to find this place through google maps. My expectations were not really high - I was looking just for a cheaper place to stay and needed not more than a bed. And it was one of those times when my expectations weren't fulfilled absolutely.

Julian, Simon and Albert were very welcoming and friendly, and were ready to give a good advice when I needed it. Breakfests were delicious, room was not just a bed but really nice decorated and cosy place to stay. And about the price - as I've written already my expectations weren't fulfilled absolutely... because the price was even lower. When Julian charged my card I was wondering why didn't he charge all the sum. The point was that I got 3rd day for free - it's a low season promotion. I put my 5 to the place and highly recomend it for gay travellers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo