Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fell in love with Africa

My husband and I wanted to see NE Africa. We were on an Overland truck with 13 other adventurers... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Eldon H
Waterloo, Canada
Fantastic!!!!

My husband and I did the 43 day adventure trip from Kenya to Capetown. We can’t begin to tell you... read more

Reviewed 24 February 2024
Lorraine A
Delta
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Cape Town Central
from £68.05
from £48.37
from £24.36
from £27.59
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Just come back from my amazing 34 day Zanzibar to Cape Town trip. It flew past - I had such a good time. Sam and Julius, my trip leader and driver, were awesome, really helpful and funny and had lots of interesting stories to tell. The camping part was fine, a little cold at night at times but there was always a camp fire and the mats were suprisingly comfy - never woke up achy at all. I had a great group too, only 3 people on the first leg from Zanzibar to Livingstone which meant we could spread out and have loads of space then there were 12 of us on the Livingstone to Cape Town leg.

I have so many fantastic memories. From the white sands of Zanzibar, the smiling, waving children of Malawi, walking with lions and swimming at the top of Victoria Falls, gliding through the reeds of the Okovango Delta in a mokoro, elephants wandering through the campsite, seeing all the wildlife drinking from the watering hole at Etosha, skydiving over the Namib dunes in Swakopmund, stroking a cheetah, climbing up Dune 45 through the mist only for it to clear with the sunrise to going up to the top of Table Mountain and feeling on top of the world in Cape Town.

Acacia are a really good company, our truck seemed so much nicer than some others who didn't even have lockers inside the truck. We seemed to have loads of extra activties included too that other trucks had to pay extra for or didn't even do like staying in the Okovango Delta and going to the Cheetah Park which was one of my favourite things.

I really want to go back and I've only been home a day. If you are hesitating about booking - just go for it! I loved every second, well maybe not taking down tents at 5am but practically every second! I will be back to do the Kenya to Zanzibar leg of the trip at some point in the future and know I won't even bother looking at another company to do the trip!

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank wollifer
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

I'll keep it short and sweet...Smashed out the 25 day tour from Joburg to Cape Town. Unreal scenes in possibly the most beautiful country on earth...loved every single minute of it. Can't really say more.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We recently did an accommodated tour with Acacia Small groups from Joburg to Vic Falls, Chobe, Okavango Delta and back to Joburg. The great thing about the small group tours is that they only require two people for a guaranteed departure! Our guide Chris was great! He was well organised and time conscious although relaxed and laid back, managing to balance being on time with Africa time! Apart from the first day (980km), the traveling distances were manageable. The accommodation varied from clean and comfortable to excellent. Food was good with most breakfasts and dinners included in the tour price. We certainly never went hungry! Tours like this are not for fussy eaters though! There was a good balance between activities, sightseeing, game driving and relaxation time. Optional activities were easy to book and well planned. The vehicle was slightly old but comfortable and turned out to be very reliable. We had some amazing wildlife encounters and saw some of the great African sights! Obviously the Falls, Chobe and the Delta were highlights. A special mention to Elephant Sands Lodge were we spent the first 2 nights and had an amazing time watching wild elephants up close! This tour is highly recommended if you do not like camping and do not want to drive yourself through Africa (having Chris escort us at the border crossings made things 1000 times easier)! Thank you Acacia and Chris!

Date of experience: August 2015
3  Thank Shaun_Stell
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

We did the 19 day Cape Town - Livingstone tour, which was unforgettable and one of the best things I've ever done.

Our tour guides, Mark and Chanel, were faultless - they were knowledgable, great fun and the food and itinerary was perfect.

I could not recommend Acacia enough - the equipment (truck etc) is the best and is brilliantly maintained.

I will definitely go with them again if I come back to Africa!

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank Cbn88
Caroline T, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Hi Cbn88,

Thank you for the review!
We are so glad to hear that you had a good time with us and more specifically with Mark and Chanel at the helm.
I hope we will see you in Africa again soon to finish the tour all the way to Kenya.
Cheers,
Caroline

Reviewed 24 May 2015

We have just returned from the most amazing experience in Africa, thanks to Acacia tours. We did back-to-back accommodated tours from Capetown to Vic Falls and from Vic Falls to JoBurg. Both our tours were more than we ever expected with such a wide variety of wild life, scenery, history and cultural visits. We just loved every minute of them.This was thanks in a major way to our guide Berven and driver TJ who went the extra miles to make the trip so good. Nothing was too much trouble. They were knowledgeable, organised and friendly.Our accommodation was very good with ensuites all the way. In some places it was down right luxurious! Our meals on the tour were a combination of restaurants and cooked meals at the truck. All were delicious and so varied and filling. The tour highlights were extensive with a good balance of activities to cater for everyone. We found that the majority of these activities were included, not optional which was also a bonus. There were other optional activities including flights over the Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls and adventure tourism for people to choose. We compared other more expensive tours when we got home and found we had more included and covered more on our tour for half the price! The small group touring was also a bonus. If we went back to Africa we would definitely go with Acacia tours again.

Date of experience: September 2014