11-Day Zanzibar to Serengeti (Adventure Camping Tour)

Book in advance
from
£1,955.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Acacia Africa
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I did a couple of tours with Acacia that linked up from Dar Es Salaam. We particularly loved our drivers Big Phil, Khumbu and guide Justin, they really made the trip! The trucks were great quality, camp sites have everything you need. There are some long driving days and I'd recommend looking into exactly where each tour goes so you are sure your willing to pay the visa to get in, as they add up quickly. Would definitely recommend acacia and travel with them again!

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Earlier this year I did the Capetown to Windhoek leg of the Acacia Africa overland trip with a friend. Having never done a trip like this, I had no idea of what to expect but it was an amazing experience. You sleep in tents in amazing locations like a South African vineyard, a campsite in a town with a population less than 100, next to a fence where there are cheetahs roaming and under the stars with a roaring fire to keep you warm. The landscapes of Namibia are staggering and the tour itself is a smooth operation that is sure to impress. The truck is packed like Tetris pieces, designed to hold everything from tents to food for the next few days, and pitching in with the daily tasks only adds to the experience. Our trip leader Elton was awesome, as was our driver Pili. This is a trip that you won't regret.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I recently had the pleasure of travelling with Acacia on a 19-day trip from Cape Town to Livingstone via multiple destinations in SA, Namibia and Botswana and then for a further 7 days down through Zimbabwe into Kruger.

The destinations were, unsurprisingly, fantastic but I did not expect the level of personal service and well-equipped travel arrangements we received.
First and foremost I must commend our brilliant guide, Henk and driver, Philip who were with us for the full 19 days of the first leg. Despite the grueling driving schedule Philip always made time to get to know the travelers. Henk regularly made time to sit in the back with us, spoke to each and every person and made a real effort to make sure the specifics and options of our trip suited everyone as best he could. He was also a wealth of knowledge about the region (and I say that as someone who, unlike my fellow tourists, actually lives in Africa - I learned a great deal).
Our guide and driver for the second leg, Darlington and Fortune, though I spent less time with them I was no less fond of them. We had a lot of fun and late night chats around the camp fire.
These guys are consummate professionals who are clearly passionate about the land they travel through.

Secondly, the trucks were remarkably comfortable and well-equipped, we had regular stops and were never that far from a store (if we were going to be isolated for more than a day or so we were always notified well in advance so we could stock up on necessaries).

I recommend this to anyone and in fact am surprised more of my fellow young South Africans (who perhaps don't own their own 4x4 etc) don't do it. It is a very cost-effective, fun and scenic way to soak up the continent.

Until next time!

Date of experience: August 2015
3  Thank Robin_Gilbert-Jones
Reviewed 1 September 2015

My friend and I did the 19-day Desert traveler tour from Cape Town to Vic Falls and has the most unforgettable experience ever. The organisation and hospitality of our tour guide (Darlington) and truck driver (Fortune) were faultless along with the food,camp sites,activities and experiences. With highlights such as Dune 45, Fish river canyon and Okavango Delta, there is never a day that goes by where you don't experience something incredible.
The only problem is how quickly the tour seemed to go- we wanted it to last forever!

Date of experience: July 2015
3  Thank colettew911
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Just come back from my amazing 34 day Zanzibar to Cape Town trip. It flew past - I had such a good time. Sam and Julius, my trip leader and driver, were awesome, really helpful and funny and had lots of interesting stories to tell. The camping part was fine, a little cold at night at times but there was always a camp fire and the mats were suprisingly comfy - never woke up achy at all. I had a great group too, only 3 people on the first leg from Zanzibar to Livingstone which meant we could spread out and have loads of space then there were 12 of us on the Livingstone to Cape Town leg.

I have so many fantastic memories. From the white sands of Zanzibar, the smiling, waving children of Malawi, walking with lions and swimming at the top of Victoria Falls, gliding through the reeds of the Okovango Delta in a mokoro, elephants wandering through the campsite, seeing all the wildlife drinking from the watering hole at Etosha, skydiving over the Namib dunes in Swakopmund, stroking a cheetah, climbing up Dune 45 through the mist only for it to clear with the sunrise to going up to the top of Table Mountain and feeling on top of the world in Cape Town.

Acacia are a really good company, our truck seemed so much nicer than some others who didn't even have lockers inside the truck. We seemed to have loads of extra activties included too that other trucks had to pay extra for or didn't even do like staying in the Okovango Delta and going to the Cheetah Park which was one of my favourite things.

I really want to go back and I've only been home a day. If you are hesitating about booking - just go for it! I loved every second, well maybe not taking down tents at 5am but practically every second! I will be back to do the Kenya to Zanzibar leg of the trip at some point in the future and know I won't even bother looking at another company to do the trip!

Date of experience: August 2015