Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
11-Day Zanzibar to Serengeti (Adventure Camping Tour)

Book in advance
from
£1,955.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Acacia Africa
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2020

My fiance and I completed this tour and had a great time. The National Parks were amazing, the scenery incredible and we loved the included activities.

The truck and tents were very comfortable and our guide Crispen was very knowledgeable and let us know in advance what was coming up and when we should buy things / withdraw more money etc... Our driver Harmony was just lovely and I always enjoyed having a chat with him at our campsites.

The camp sites were all really nice - it was great to fall asleep to the sound of lions roaring or sleep under the stars in the desert.

The only downsides were - on other overland trips I have been on they take a tipping kitty at the start and the tour leader manages the tips along the way. I found it tricky trying to figure out what the appropriate amount to tip was.

Also other tours have guidelines aout what to tip the guide and driver which is re-iterated by the tout leader at the end of the tour. In this case it wasn't andmany other people on the tour just used this as an excuse to not tip at all, or very little- which I think was pretty poor form and made me feel like I had to tip more to make up for them.

The other downside was the duty roster - sometimes I felt like I was held back from going in the pool or going for a walk because I had to stay and cook - It felt to restrictive - I prefer when the people on tour just work it out together rather than have a roster. The roster also meant some people barely cooked at all because they always fell on days where we didn't have to, yet others had to cook all the time. Perhaps a different system would work better.

Date of experience: January 2020
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Dear 803she,

Thank you for taking the time to post your honest review. We are really happy you had a wonderful trip in East Africa visting the tour highlights and that Crispen and Harmony excedded all expectations as crew. We will be sure to pass your complements to them.
We are also grateful for you making these comments and thank you for bringing matters forward. Feedback always helps us identify where improvements can be made to make the trip better in the future – which is something we strive for.
Thanks again, Kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2020

I had an incredible experience with Acacia and one which I will never forget. They are true professionals in what they do and highly recommended .

Date of experience: November 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2020

Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for sending this review. We are really happy you had a great experience travelling Acacia and we hope to see you again on another adventure in the near future.
All the Best,

Reviewed 21 January 2020

An amazing way to see Namibia! Having local guides really made the experience and they gave you heaps of tips/recommendations. The truck made it easy to camp in awesome places and it was just an all round, incredible trip!

Date of experience: December 2019
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Hi Brianna,

Thank you for sending this AMAZING review! Namibia is such an amazing country to visit with its vast deserts, unique plants and views that are endless. It's a country that touches the heart to most who travel it. We are really glad you enjoyed the camping side to this and that the crew were great. We will be sure to pass on your compliments.

Reviewed 20 January 2020

I absolutely loved the trip! My tour guide was the sweetest and the driver as well! We had a lot of fun and have seen so many things in such a (relatively) short time.

Date of experience: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Karlijnves,
Thank you for sending this nice review. We are really glad you had such a wonderful trip on the Desert Tracker and that the crew exceeded all expectations. We hope to welcome you on another adventure soon - maybe East Africa?

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Thank you so much for the best trip ever Acacia. Everything was perfect and so authentic sleeping in tents and being able to contribute so you weren’t just a guest on tour - that made it feel like YOUR tour. Your guides and drivers are so nice and friendly and the sites you visit along the way are incredible. Sitting around the fire every night and looking at the stars and hearing stories from the guides and the other participants on the trip makes everything so personal
I can highly recommend you to everyone and I hope to be able to join a trip again some other time.

Date of experience: September 2019
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2019

Dear Josephine,
Thank you for sending this tour review. We are super happy you had such a wonderful trip travelling with us and even more that it exceeded all expectations. We hope to see you again soon - East Africa is calling!
Kindest regards, The Acacia Team