Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fell in love with Africa

My husband and I wanted to see NE Africa. We were on an Overland truck with 13 other adventurers... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Eldon H
Waterloo, Canada
Excellent Company to provide the adventure of a lifetime!

Reviewed 17 February 2024
Sandy F
Cary, North Carolina
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Cape Town Central
from £68.27
from £48.53
from £24.58
from £27.84
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2024 via mobile

I am a 75 yr old solo female and I’ve just completed Acacias 41-day overland tour from Cape Town, S. Africa to Nairobi, Kenya with our wonderful tour leader, Chrispen and driver extraordinaire, Harmony. I made the right decision to pay more and be accommodated in a room instead of a tent for my trip and it was definitely the right decision for me!

This trip is barebones with everyone helping out with the day to day chores of cooking, cleaning and packing up almost daily. Expect very long days in big overland trucks that are not too comfortable for 10-16 hour driving days! Often the toilets are a bush beside the road! But, if you are looking for a life changing adventure through the real Africa, this is it. It is not just a “tour” for “tourists” who want to see Africa and still have the comforts of home!

Whenever something didn’t go as planned, we just said TIA (this is Africa!) I can highly recommend this trip and would not want to do it with any other leader (Chrispen) and driver (Harmony)!! And, I was fortunate to have a small group (9 max), so we could really stretch out on the truck during those very long days!

Date of experience: January 2024
ArnoD332, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2024

Dear Sandy,

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your tour with us and will share your kind words with Crispen and Harmony.

Reviewed 15 February 2024

This trip was even more amazing than I thought it would be. Tour leader and driver Pili and Khumbu were fantastic, great cooking and support all the way. Exemplary. The campsites were really good, either wild or with a much needed pool at day’s end - it was hot! Impressed with the included trips and options. Highlight was the skydive with Ground Rush and rafting at Victoria Falls. Saw a lot of amazing wildlife. Can’t wait to book on again with Acacia from Victoria Falls to Nairobi!

Date of experience: January 2024

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive feedback.

We are happy you enjoyed your tour with us. We will also share your kind words with Phili and Khumbu.

Reviewed 10 November 2023 via mobile

Absolutely amazing from start to finish.
We did a tour from pretoria finishing in livingston and it was hands down the best experience of my entire life.
i honestly don’t think the trip wouldn’t have been the same without our fantastic guide kingston and brilliant driver moto. these guys deserve all the credit in the world because of their hospitality, knowledge and the 10 star treatment.
the experiences we had over the course of this tour were just absolutely unbelievable and we had no set backs what so ever.
i will never ever forget this trip, the people we met and friendships made along the way and most importantly kingston and moto…

Date of experience: October 2023
Reviewed 2 August 2023

Pete and Francis were incredible! They were so kind and knowledgeable and really went above and beyond to make sure we all had the best trip possible. The entire trip ran smoothly and the food was also delicious! We had an incredible time in Uganda.

Date of experience: July 2023
Reviewed 8 July 2023

Acacia were absolutely fantastic on our 9 day tour. Our guide Krispen and our Driver Francis were top notch. Great food, lovely group, fantastic price. If you are looking into a trip around Africa I would highly recommend using Acacia 👌

Date of experience: June 2023
ArnoD332, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2023

Dear 602kyet,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words about Krispen and Francis. We will make sure the team receives your excellent feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Africa soon.

All the best,