We wanted to stay somewhere with a bit more character and individuality for our 3 days in CT - we weren't disappointed. The owners are very welcoming - even booking us a transfer from the airport, as we were landing late at night.
Room, breakfast etc were all spot on - we stayed in the Lilac Suite. The hosts were great at providing tips and ideas for things to do, which we appreciated.
The rooftop is sensational, and the breakfast room lovely!
The only drawback to La Rose we found (which wasn't insignificant) was the sound of the local mosque, which kept us awake through the night, every night. : S not great!
We didn't feel safe walking from La Rose to Long Street, or to the shops and restaurants around Waterkant St. We took taxis which are very cheap, and easy. This isn't the fault of the B&B of course - it's the nature of this city - and particularly Bo-kaap (a point which was reinforced by locals we spoke with).
We would stay again, as it's great value and charming. We would recommend it also, as long as you're aware of the location and understand how to navigate CT safely!
We actually travelled in December 2010 - it's taken me ages to get round to reviewing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Rose is an eclectic mix of French, Indian, Cape Malay and African influences, where old world and modern embrace. Each en suite bedroom is unique and stylishly decorated to reflect the colourful Bo-Kaap and South Africa. It is home away from home, designed to cater for tourists as well as business executives and is gay friendly. Centrally located, it is one of the most central areas in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your La Rose Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Rose Bed And Breakfast
- La Rose Hotel Cape Town Central
- La Rose Bed & Breakfast Cape Town, South Africa