Stayed for Christmas week and can honestly say staying was a fantastic experience. Yoann the owner was friendly and helpful, from recommending good wine shops (I love my laundry btw) to explaining how to get tickets for Robben Island tours if you hadn't already booked on line.
Room was spacious and kept very clean, managed to get a good nights sleep every night. The staff were friendly and helpful, from the taxi booking (expected) to arranging for laundry to be taken to a launderette for 50 rand per load (much cheaper than other hotels and not expected at a B & B!)
Breakfast is a friendly and communal one with most guests sharing a large table talking about what they had already experienced in Cape Town and what they had planned, Yoann would sit at the head of the table joining the convestations and making helpful suggestions. The food was excellent with a eggs cooked (very well) to your liking - Maybe some other options as well as eggs could be looked at but this is the only and a very minor critisism.
Also had my birthday while staying at La Rose, my girlfriend had mentioned this to Yoann, who arranged for a cake and candles to surpise me at breakfast, all the other guests joined in the happy birthday singing which left me red faced but was a very nice and personal touch.
Relaxing on the roof terrace with its views of table mountain at the end of each day before getting ready for the evening was a nice way to chill out. In general the area outside the hotel is safe with a parking guard. The usual precautions to any big city should be followed.
All in all, had a great stay and will happily recommend La Rose to people visiting Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Rose is an eclectic mix of French, Indian, Cape Malay and African influences, where old world and modern embrace. Each en suite bedroom is unique and stylishly decorated to reflect the colourful Bo-Kaap and South Africa. It is home away from home, designed to cater for tourists as well as business executives and is gay friendly. Centrally located, it is one of the most central areas in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your La Rose Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Rose Bed And Breakfast
- La Rose Hotel Cape Town Central
- La Rose Bed & Breakfast Cape Town, South Africa