“GreaT entertainment and excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #646 of 1,135 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“GreaT entertainment and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening out at this restaurant, the special was a great mix of what they have to offer on the menu if you are not sure what to choose. The belly dancer was fun and we enjoyed as she gets the crowd envolved. The tip is already included on your bill. Service was excellent and the atmosphere make you feel like you are in another country.

Visited April 2013

Wellington, South Africa
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Ah, this is one of my favourite restaurants in the world! It is an EXPERIENCE - meaning it makes you feel as if your in another fantastical country where the everybody sits on cushions, eat a lot and belly dance!

For your first couple of visits, you should definitely take the set menu option so that you can taste all the different flavours the place has to offer and you get to have desert! Once you've been there enough, you might have a favourite (or two) so that you can order one large plate of it.

Mesopotamia has awesome naan bread and when I go there with my family, we basically dive to get some!

The belly dancing is fun to watch and to participate in!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A rather terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Unfortunately, Due to lack of service and terrible staff attitudes,I can only assume that my food was spiked after I complained. I woke up the next day with a terrible stomach bug. We particularly booked a table to sit on the floor, and upon arrival, got directed to the back of the restaurant, ordinary table and could not see the belly dancing, however, they still slapped on the mandatory R10 CHARGE Per Person.

And Whatever you do, don't ask for an explanation of dishes, it just wont happen, "it is what it says on the menu " the normal response.

And the So called Cocktail... Tastes like Dish water!!!

Used to love Mesopotamia, after this terrible stomach bug, I WONT BE returning anytime in the near or foreseeable future

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JC I
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Kurdish food with a good vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. Walking up the steep stairs leading to our table (we had to sit on the floor on these large Kurdish cushions), with loud music blasting, I thought oh no, this is gonna be terrible. But what a complete turn around it was! I had such a great time with my friends, we were a large group and had so much fun. There were other tables also celebrating something like a bachelorette, a birthday and so on. The service is not that great, a little slow and no smile. But the food is great, we had mezze platters. There is belly dancing by a sultry dancer who mesmerized everyone, men and women alike. Great entertainment and in the end you get to join in for a bit of belly-wobbling too!

• Visited September 2012
“Kurdish food heaven!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I love the atmosphere of this place, so cosy and romantic with an exotic flair! Perfect for a big night out with a group of friends or for a romantic evening - I always pick one of the tables where you sit on the floor, it created such a unique eating experience! The food is first class, I enjoy the different flavours and textures and would highly recommend that you go with a shared platter so that you can try a bit of every thing.

On some nights they have a belly dancer that comes and entertains the crowd - such fun! They also have a big cigar and hubbly selection for you to enjoy!

I have been here many times over the last few years and will continue to support it!

Visited March 2012