“terrible food, bad service, rude waitress.”
Review of Mesopotamia

Mesopotamia
Ranked #567 of 1,184 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I'm living in cape town and working as a chef here. my girlfriend came to visit me and on our last night we wanted something special and were very excited to find Mesopotamia. We just wanted some starters and bread at first the food that came was terrible not fresh felt like it was in the fridge for days couldn't even pick the hummus out with my finger. the bread tasted old and stale. I explained to the manager that this was not good and she was very defensive and told me that the food was fine and there was nothing wrong with it! I paid the bill and left feeling robbed. TripAdvisor recommends this place and should think again. not only is this place bad its dangerous! I was hoping not to wake up sick the following day after the few things i tasted.
the only good part of this place was the dancer she done a good job.

3  Thank bennyoloinseach

Reviewed 29 January 2014

One of the worst meals I've paid for. The naan was dry and I think microwaved, the chicken was also dry, and the food basically tasteless. Wait help disappeared when we wanted the check and had to be summoned.

1  Thank Kathy R
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We booked earlier 18:00 to ensure a table as we have small children. Seemed rushed with taking all food orders at ones. The kids loved the food variety & it was exciting to try new things. Good vibe & I would go back over the weekend to see the belly dancers. Love the woven carpets & draped tapestries.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Kurdish Restaurant serving authentic Kurdish food, served by charming Kurdish waitress staff . Lovely experience. Tasty freshly prepared food. The 3 course set menu excellent value at R360 for 2 people. Drinks extra. Alcohol served. Belly dancers at the weekend but we were there on a week night. Will go back. Sevice a bit slow due t staff shortage but we were kept informed .

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great ambiance and something different from the ordinary. Service was good, cozy imtermite setting with entertaining belly dancer. Food was delicious and great vibe.