“Don't waste your time here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #646 of 1,135 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Don't waste your time here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have been at this restaurant far too many times, the last being the worst. I tried making a booking by phone and was told I cannot be guaranteed my choice of seating and will have to arrive early. I arrived early, only to find that the spot where I wanted to sit (on the pillows in the main room) are almost fully booked and my booking was never made. I was told in a rather distasteful manner, that they do not allow your own wine to be brought in and had to select from their horrid selection of wine. Food came fast at first, but as the restaurant filled up we were forgotten and had to get up to seek service each time (this was true for patrons around us). The same lady came to the table of students next to us, and told them that they are not allowed to stay if they do not order a main meal, so two of the students left from the already full table, leaving 2 gaps in a 4 person table. Even though the flavours were good, all the food was overcooked & dry. This was not a pleasant experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank netsurferj

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Amazing atmosphere, great experience overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My hubby and I have been here many times (at least 6). It's a standard place for us to take out of town guests or friends from CT who have never been here. The atmosphere and belly dancing never fail to entertain and amaze.
The food is good, but not the best in Cape Town. The naan bread always seems dry.
We've always been happy with the service, but it is very expensive for the food portion sizes.
The atmosphere and entertainment outweigh its small shortcomings.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julie A
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Awful food, rude service, will never ever go back! No idea how these guys have managed to stay open for so long - must be all the tourists in the area stumbling in by chance.

3 Thank JadeAdami
Cape Town
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have never been to such restaurants. Well I was blown way. The cultural experience was awesome. Food was brilliant and the décor took you out of South Africa. I spent 3 hours in a restaurant. A first for me.

Visited June 2014
Johannesburg
“Moroccon, Arabic, Middle East in CPT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I liked the international flare the restaurant offers even on first sight. The food choices are vast and the experience with Belly Dancing - Smoking Hookas and the vibe create a festive holiday like ambiance. I went with a journalist friend who knows the owner and we were spoilt. Best part of the evening was spending time with my cousin whose a doctor and lives in CPT pay for my delicious meal. Wish we had a place like that in Jozie

Visited March 2014