“Top class restaurant”

Savoy Cabbage
Ranked #23 of 1,148 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: African, European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy creative contemporary cooking in a visually exciting venue. With its historic Table Mountain stone and old brick that dates back to the 18th century, architect Leon Saven's design is complemented by glass, concrete and exposed ducting. Cabbage motif chandeliers and salt dishes, fine table appointments and impeccable service reflect outstanding attention to detail. The menu alters daily, using the freshest local produce and combines unusual flavours to excite the palate of the discerning diner. A boutique wine list which is very reasonably priced.
south africa
“Top class restaurant”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Tonight we entertained our Italian supplier at Savoy Cabbage - what a great choice.
We had a superb meal, service & generally a great experience.
We will be back.

• Visited June 2014

York
“Every little detail was perfect”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

After ten days of hard work, my colleague and I treated ourselves to a special mean in the city. Our expectations were met at every level. The waitress helped us select our meals by guiding my collleague towards the pork saying it was "disgustingly evil". which proved to be an excellent choice compared to the mild and simple mushroom stroganoff he had suggested. A beautiful salmon tartare was served as we chose our starters and because my colleague was drinking beer I was able to drink the most sublime red wine by the glass and enjoy a wonder butternut squash, feta and red onion tart while my companion dined on the Norwegian salmon and caviar option. Main courses did not disappoint and at all times the service was impeccable. Assertive, informative and lacking in obsequeiousness! We couldnt fit in a dessert, just a Calvados and we left feeling that this funky city venue with its spacious dining area, exposed brick work and simply divine food was one we MUST come back to

• Visited May 2014
“Even better than my mother's cooking”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

WoW! This was one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to. I started with the spiced nuts salad with infused pears and nuts followed by the kudu loin. Dessert was a selection of quince crumble and a range of puddings. The prices were on the high side but you paying for quality so enjoy yourself! Will definitely go back.....

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good food but a touch overpriced”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

As one of Cape Town's more expensive restaurants I was expecting something really special. The Savoy Cabbage was good - very good even - but not truly special and not the best meal we had in Cape Town.

The service was friendly but rather lazy.

The food was good and somewhat adventurous but didn't succeed in pushing boundaries. My meal was solid, my partner's was at times outstanding, so I guess there's some luck depending on what you order.

I had steak tartare to start - under-seasoned but reassuringly fresh and vibrant. For main I had eland and this, and particularly the jus it was served with, were delicious. My dessert was a plum soup which sounded more exciting than it tasted.

My partner started with chicken liver mousse with brioche. Her main was duck breast and she still raves about how good this was. Her dessert was creme brulee.

A good meal but overpriced and we had better meals for less money elsewhere (Sevruga being my pick of them).

• Visited February 2014
Valkenburg, The Netherlands
“Modern restaurant with dito menu”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Modern restaurant with nice design industrial interior. Beautiful art inside. Surprising menu with innovative dishes. We enjoyed luch and were the only customers but still: much recommended.

• Visited April 2014