“The Every Evening Place”
Review of Cafe Mojito

Cafe Mojito
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This famous tropical Cuban/International restaurant and cocktail bar is popular with travelers and locals alike. Sip on a rum-soaked Mojito, order a traditional Cuban sandwich and while away the day, watching the colorful chaos that is Long Street.Established in 2003, Cafe Mojito is a friendly, reliable spot that serves up some of the tastiest burgers in the city. Open for lunch and dinner. The menu offers burgers, nachos, salads and a great Tapas selection for the not-so-hungry. Cocktail Happy Hour runs from 5pm -7pm and from 11pm till midnight - Monday to Sunday.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The place, the staff, the live music, the crowd and the vibe - sums up this quaint drinking hole in the centre of Long Street. We spent our last 5 evenings in Cape Town at this place. Goes to show how much we loved it. The live band is entertaining, the tapas are delicious and the rates absolutely affordable - a perfect place for a chilled out holiday evening. The owner and the staff are happy helpful people who made us feel extremely welcome. One morning we had breakfast too and loved it. Great place for a weekend evening!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Heard so much about Cafe'Mojito- And decided to do dinner and drinks with friends.

The food, vibe, drinks are excellent! its got a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Fabulous fire-place for relaxing with after dinner drinks and cigars.

The owner himself is a very warm, friendly gentleman , that made us feel like it was home away from home. We will definitely be joining in on The Monday raggae Night.

Awsomeness!!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

After a few drinks and dinner at a lovely restaurant, we set out down Long Street looking for 'somewhere with live music and a vibe'...we hardly got two blocks before seeing a group of people spilling out on to the street, jiving, laughing and concentrated in the doorway of a small bar. As we got closer we heard an incredibly tight band playing fun, sexy Caribbean-style music. Upon further inspection they were a three piece consisting of a drummer, saxophonist and guitarist/vocalist. We managed to find a space on the busy dance floor and did not stop dancing until the band put down their instruments an hour later, after a hearty encore.
The bar itself definitely has a Cuban feel, the interior was simply yet effectively decorated and the staff were all attentive, friendly and accommodating.
The owner was charming, the mojitos were second to none and the band were fabulous. It is a pity we had already eaten (and by then it was so late) because we could happily have stayed for a meal after inspecting their menu.
Oh also... A few comments down somebody has left a review for the Mexican restaurant over the road... That is in relation to a different establishment but I can understand the confusion, however disregard it in relation to this bar/cafe.
We will be back in Cape Town soon and can't wait to dance the night away at Mojito again, what a great bar.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

First time I walked in this wonderful place, I just knew that I will keep going back, I was warmly welcomed by friendly faces of the staff there.... The Gentleman who was attending to me and My friends was so patient, as we did not know what to eat, he suggested a few dishes for us, Which I can not get over till today. Then came the Music, woooow!! there was a Live band and I cant explain how much of fun we had. Then came the cocktails, we tried most of them and they were so divine.

To cut the Long story short I went back again and again on different days whereby I discovered that they have Salsa nights, Ragga nights...etc

I am looking foward to watching Fifa World Cup at this wonderful place and to definately meet more friends...

You havent tasted Nachos till you taste Nachos here !!

Keep it up Cafe Mojito!!!!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Mojitos on a number of occasions on our recent trip to Cape Town. We absolutely loved the friendly staff, great atmosphere and FABULOUS cocktails. Will absolutely return in back in Cape Town.

1  Thank Gemzylidz