“Outstanding in every respect.”

Reverie Social Table
Price range: US$10 - US$75
Description: Join the Social Table for a totally unique dining concept. An eclectic space to eat, drink and be merry with some fabulous company. Table d' Hote style eatery with a set 5 course dinner, each paired with boutique wines from around the Western Cape. Perfect for the lone traveler, couple, friends and groups. It's a must try when visiting the Mother City!
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We found this place on line. We expected great things and we got great things. Truly unique. Julia's passion for her wine shines through from the start of the evening to the end. Her KFC quail is a dish I will never forget. You cannot visit Capetown and not go to Reverie. OUTSTANDING.

Julia_Hattingh, Owner at Reverie Social Table, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hello,

Thank you for such a lovely review, it was an absolute pleasure welcoming both of you to our Social Table during your time in Cape Town.
That quail dish was a super fun one and definitely an idea I'll play around with again :)
I hope to welcome you back again on your next trip...

Reviewed 8 January 2018

The venue, food, wine, service and atmosphere was all top-notch. Our party of four was the first to arrive, and we were greeted by Chase and Innocence on arrival with a choice of Riesling or Sauvingnon Blanc. It was also great to meet Chef Julia and her team as well as the other dinner guests as they arrived. We were a total of 12 guests for the evening ranging from American, South African, Dutch, French and German. It was a real international crowd, and we had a great evening.

Dinner included a total of five courses, all prepared to complement five different wines. The ingredients were all nice and fresh, working well with the hot Cape Town summer evening. Chef Julia introduced each wine and each dish.

Our little group thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I've already recommended Reverie to several friends and co-workers, and I hope to be back soon myself.

Thanks to Chef Julia and her great team for an unforgettable evening!

Hello Derek!

So lovely to have met you and Werner and thank you for taking the time to share your Social Table experience. It was lovely having you guys and ladies joining us at Reverie, I'm very glad they found out about us :)
All the best with your wine app- I hope it's fabulous and I'll pop in soon at Sommerbosch I promise.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Although they were booked up when we inquired several weeks in advance, we were able to get off a waiting list. We are "foodies" and this was the best meal that we had during our week-long stay in Cape Town. The chef was also extremely accommodating when it came to our allergies and dietary constraints. It was great to be able to meet new people.

Hello,

We just love having "foodies" join our Social Table! It was such a pleasure to meet both of you and I'm so glad we were able to accommodate. It is a major strive to be able to cater for all our guests dietary requirements so the feedback is much appreciated.
I hope you're surviving the snow back home and I hope to see you guys again on your next trip to Cape Town.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

As with many others on the table, we came to know of Reverie Social Table via the great ratings on TA.

And boy, did it not disappoint. The food and wine pairing were exceptional, coupled with warmest of hospitality from Chase and Innocence. Great dining concept of a common table with people from all over the globe, which encourages mingling and overall great times. Kudos to Julia and the kitchen team for the feast we had.

Thoroughly enjoyed our time there. My wife, Isabel, and I will definitely be back the next time we are in Cape Town!

Julia_Hattingh, Owner at Reverie Social Table, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Hello Zhihan and Isabel,

Thank you for joining our Social Table and taking the time to share your experience!
It was lovely meeting both of you and I will pass on your compliments to Chase and Innocent.
Luke says hi!
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next time in Cape Town!
All the very best for 2018 from team Reverie.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is a very unique restaurant. The menu changes daily. Julia, the owner/chef plans the meals and uses the freshest ingredients available. We went for lunch. I had a salad with fresh veggies and the flavors were perfect. Sitting at one long table with the other patrons gives this place a very friendly and community feel. The mood and the conversation is comfortable and homey!

Hello Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Reverie experience. It was lovely meeting you and having you share our Social Table!
Next time you'll have to join for a dinner!
All the best wishes for 2018!