“After 16 years or thereabouts !!!!!?”
Review of Willoughby & Co

Willoughby & Co
Ranked #17 of 1,196 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We are absolute regulars....and that for quite a few years!

Tonite was just one of those special evenings....we ordered our usual starter jalepino sashimi salad and that definately did not disappoint but our waiter Prince Charming made our night....thank you for making us feel sooooo special and for making us laugh and leaving on such a high.

What a fabulous mix superb sushi and an extremely special waiter!!!!!

Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,181)

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Okay - is the sushi good? Yes. But there a plenty of places for good sushi! I guess one can say that it is consistent. But as someone who really values ambiance, I can't get over that half of the tables are in the walkway in the mall. Just not the dining experience I am looking for. And certainly not exciting to stand in a giant queue to get a table that resembles a food-court setup. If I am in the Waterfront and am hungry for dinner, this is where I'd go for a sit-down meal because the food is good. But I would never go or of my way to dine here. Try the 4x4 it's good! Certainty don't mean to be overly harsh, but I'd think it a shame to come all the way to Cape Town where there are so many lovely restaurants to try and find myself sticking to the mall.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Willoughby is known for fresh tasty sushi and never disappoints. The portions are generous with good service. The outside seating is mainly in the thoroughfare of the Waterfront so quite busy and lacking atmosphere. Queues can be long during season so best to go outside of busy times like lunch time or dinner. Worth a visit though if you enjoy sushi.

1  Thank pdpcpt
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First time, the service was slow and the sushis were warm. Since everybody find this place so awesome, we decided to give it another shot. Second time, it was a bit better. Service is still slow and trying to push to you consume more. Sushis are good and inventive. I don't think this place deserves 5 stars, maybe 3,5, especially given the poor decoration. Let's call it a good sushi factory if you are looking for seafood on the Waterfront. If you have a car, drive to the Codfather on Camps Bay.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

wow this review had everything! from incredible sushi to great seafood this restaurant is a must do at the waterfront. i would recommend the seafood soup, tiger rolls and great prawns. the waitress did a great job with my hectic family as well.

1  Thank Linus S