“DAVINCIS ON KLOOF IS DEFINITELY THE PLACE TO BE”

Da Vinci's on Kloof
Ranked #124 of 1,202 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great venue for a relaxed meal, either inside or outside. A wide range of tantalizing pizzas, pastas, burgers, salads and grills will have you coming back again. Craft beers and a full wine list will keep you from being thirsty; whilst our deluxe and adult milkshakes are a definite talking point. With views of Table Mountain and situated on trendy Kloof St a visit to Da Vincis is a must.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

After a hot day on the beach we popped in at DAVINCIS on KLOOF and was greeted at the door like old friends which made us (the wife and I and two small kids) feel right at home. A table outside in the shade was to our liking and so was the waiter Africa with his big smile.
Even though the place was busy the delectable pizzas and burgers arrived promptly and the drinks were divine (Jack Black beer for me, strawberry daiquiri for the wife and milkshakes for the kids) The kids were kept occupied with drawing ala Davinci on the paper that serves as tablecloth. We will return to Davincis often as there is nothing comparable as far as ambiense and pure goodness is concerned

Reviewed 1 May 2014

When i was deciding on where to take my new girlfriend, my thoughts turned to Da Vinci's. I have been there in the past with my family and friends and knew whst to expect. For a date venue they did not disappoint. We sat at a very cozy two seater hidden away behind a pillar which gave us a degree of privacy but still kept us in the vibe and care of the restaurant. I drank one of the local beers they have on tap, Jack Black, and my new girl had a cocktail, frozen daquari, both tasting great. I had the nachos to start and for her the chicken strips. Which came out in very good time for how busy the restaurant looked. The mains went great as well, me going with a large Da Vinci (garlic avo bacon) and her with a Sticky Sesame Chicken salad. And wow was that salad good! Dont let me get started on the dessert, nuttella banana waffle, because you will be reading all night. You are just going to have to go there and find out for yourself.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I moved to cape town 5 years ago. Da vincis on kloof was one of the first restaurants we experienced. After trying out a variety of other restaurants in the area our taste buds always took us back to Da Vincis on kloof. Along with consistent great meals and the many options to choose from: pizzas, burgers, pastas, steaks, salads and many more. The cozy vibe is accommodated with energetic, friendly staff from all levels. Many places open and close, but there is a reason why Da Vincis as been around for almost a decade.. SIMPLY THE BEST!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place is a bit of a novelty - as in they serve novelty pizzas with unusual toppings and pizza names. But the flavours are not great and neither is the service. Ok for a quick pizza but not a date.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Went for a lunch there in january. No vibe and staff did not even greet us. This was my girlfriend's birthday and wanted to enjoy a day out in cape town. The sevice was pathetic and when my hand crafted burger (how else do you make a burger) arrived there was a nasty hair on my bun. When I told the waiter about this. He stuck his hand in my plate and removed it. this was the most awful experience and I will never go back there even if you pay me good money. No service, no vibe. Oh and a hand in your plate. How nice

Emma D, Public Relations Manager at Da Vinci's on Kloof, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

We're sorry and surprised to hear you had such a disappointing experience at Da Vinci's. We take feedback very seriously and pride ourselves on good service - did you approach one of our managers while you were at the restaurant?