“A taste of home”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
United Kingdom
“A taste of home”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

As a last minute Sunday lunch idea, My mom, sister & I decided to visit Tangos.We never booked but we were treated like royalty....staff was pleasant,food was exceptional with a great ambience! I was leaving for England the very next day & was so disappointed that I never had enough hours left in Cape Town to visit again...We booked for Christmas, can't wait to go back! ☺

Visited May 2011

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Reliably Fabulous”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My husband and I visited Tangos at the end of July 2011 with a yearning for steak and were delighted (once again) with the superb cuts of meat, friendly and efficient service, homemade, tasty sauces and warm atmosphere which we have come to expect as the norm at Tangos.

• Visited July 2011
Cape
“Going that extra mile with a smile!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We have been going to Tango's for many years and have always had good service, tasty food and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. This, coupled with the excellent prices (and no corkage!) has put Tango's on the top of the list of our favourite restaurants. So, when planning my mother's 80 birthday party, it was the obvious choice of venue. All my queries and requests were handled in a most efficient and friendly manner by the three "C- guys" - Charlie, Craig and Clement. Nothing was too much to ask!
We were afforded the opportunity to 'set-up' and put our own touches to the tables on the morning of the event (they opened on a Saturday lunchtime just for our party!) and again, any request from our side was dealt with by Charlie and Lizaan (I hope I have spelt her name correctly!) without any fuss or bother. Our 30 guests arrived and enjoyed a glass of Port before settling down to the three course meal - which was delicious and nicely presented. Well done, Chef!
The guests remarked afterwards how charmingly pleasant and friendly Charlie and Lizaan were. They found them both attentive to their needs and relaxed in their job of serving such a large party.
My Mother and I were touched by the personal interest and generosity which Charlie showed. We had requested no gifts, but asked guests to provide non-perishable food and toiletry items for The Haven Night Shelter. Charlie immediately dashed out and bought a bag of contributions to add to our box. This was certainly 'going that extra mile'.
We thank Tango's for a most enjoyable and memorable celebration. We will be back and so will many of our guests who experienced Tango's for the first time!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Trishthurtell
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Restaurant In the Area”
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I have been to Cape Town for holidays on and off for the past 4 years now and I must say I am glad that I stumbled across this restaurant. It was recommended to me be the owner of the B&B I was staying in as it was the place where they eat out on occasion. I went on a busy night and had to wait at the bar for about 10 minutes before I could get a seat but it was well worth the wait! The food was excellent and the staff even better. I had a steak and no joking it was the best of my life. Although there was no kids menu for my two children the waiter was more than acomodating in allowing them to share a main meal and he even brought it on seperate plates which for me showed that he went the extra mile. I would recommend this restaurant to any tourists in the area. It is a restaurant for the locals that gives you a true taste of South Africa

1 Thank dil2518
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Seafood”
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Every year on my way to SA I go here. They do fantastic fish and calamari although on my most recent trip the calamari did not have the usual zing. But the fish/calamari combo is still fab. Yhe portions are good sizes although they have now started charging for the veggis but it is nominal.

The food is great but there is something lacking in this place, just the layout or the table and chairs so fall short on the atmosphere rank. But I still go back every year and I will certanily be going back this year. It is for locals but tourists should give it a go.

1 Thank cjmumto2