“Perfect Stay in Lovely Cape Town!”
Review of Adderley Hotel

Adderley Hotel
Ranked #89 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our stay at Adderley hotel was perfect, our little studio apartment like suite was lovely, which we booked for a very reasonable price. The hotel arranged for a taxi to pick us up from the airport, which is about 25 mins away from the hotel. This hotel is centrally located in the CBD of Cape Town, the area is pretty busy in the day time. There are plenty of restaurants and shops around, as well as a local market in front of the hotel. Cape Town train station is also 5 mins of walking distance away from the hotel. My friend and I took 25 min walks to the water front every night after dinner, we felt pretty safe and enjoyed cappuccinos at the restaurants by the wharf. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful, they guided us to book the Cape Peninsula day tour, which was perfect. The red sightseeing hop on hop off tour bus was also recommended by the staff and was a great way to explore Cape Town for us. Our suite smelled so fresh and pleasant, and was very clean. I would stay at Adderley again and recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonable and comfy time in the lovely CT! At the end of our Cape Town adventure, we walked to the central train station, to catch the Shosholoza Mayl and continued our journey to Johannesberg. My stay at Adderley was very comfortable and felt like a real vaca!!! The only thing I wished for was free internet, but I got over it and purchased internet vouchers at the hotel reception.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Adderley Hotel

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We didn't want to leave! We felt so at home we prolonged our stay another week! (2 weeks all up) The staff were lovely and always friendly/approachable. The location is really central and close to shops (Food lovers market right around the corner) gardens where you can feed the squirrels, museums, a short walk to Bo Kaap, V & A Harbour front and markets. The price was very reasonable...The room was awesome, Like a small apartment.... Fully equipped with anything we may need and an interesting view of the hustle and bustle down on the street. Loved having a bath in the bedroom too! :) Although it was on the main street we had no problem sleeping as it was very quiet at night and always something happening during the day. We had no dramas what so ever. It was a great experience which we would love to do again in the future!

Room Tip: we booked 2 rooms on level 3 where the carpark is and our rooms were great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this modern hotel. Booked a triple room - enough space for three people. Great views of the city and Table Mountain. Cool pool on the 11th floor. Ample safe parking.

MyCiti (metro bus) stop in front of the hotel! There is also metered taxis just outside the hotel.

When staying at this hotel please visit Eastern Food Bazaar - a fast food outlet in Darling Street.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Both the location of this hotel as well as the room made this hotel a good choice for us. The room we has was really lovely, it had two levels, little kitchenette, comfortable bed and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and nice.
Other than that, the hotel does not really have any lobby or any things else but the rooms and elevators. It is surely not fancy outside the rooms themselves.
We did enjoy it and would chose it again for its location and the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The Adderley hotel in Cape Town deserves to be #1. We paid 55 dollars a night and got a giant apartment with two couches, kitchen, seating area and seperate bathroom in one room and in the other, a tub, seperate shower and bathroom, two beds, tv, full closet and basin area in the other. t was cleaned to perfection every day. For the money especially, I could not be happier. Unlike most south african major cities, Cape Town's "Financial District" (where Adderley is) is safe to walk around in at night and Adderley's location is perfect. 5 minute walk to Long St (bars/restaraunts), 20 minute walk to VA Waterfront, 10 min walk to Bo Kaap and short drive to Camps Bay, Greenpoint and Sea Point. Seriously, stay at the Adderley. I have been all over the world and have not had an easier, more professional experience like mine at Adderley.

Plus....staff is SUPER friendly.

Only Downside--- restaraunt is expensive, especially for breakfast. Cape Town's restaraunt scene is AMAZING and inexpensive (USD exchange rate was great) so eat cereal in your apartment for breakfast and go for gold for dinner at the best spots in town.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast in the room, go for the top 20 restaurants for dinner. You can afford the Tripadvisor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We'd booked to stay at this hotel over the Easter weekend and it felt like we were the only ones there!

We were using a Sat Nav to find the place but you have to look carefully to find the entrance because it's very small! Nevertheless there was a lay-by right outside to pull into so we csould stop to get directions to the car park. This is just round the corner in a multi-story block. You have to drive up many floors to get to the reserved spaces for the hotel! Once there there's an access door straight into the building with lifts down to reception.

The reception staff were friendly and helpful and our rooms large and clean - the ceilings were incredibly high! Mine had a kitchen so it could almost be classed as a self-catering apartment. The downside is that access to the internet was charged for and it seemed like I had to have an SA SIM card in my phone in order to pay for it. My room was at the front of the building facing the road, I had no problems with traffic noise although it was a very quiet weekend. However, I was woken on the second morning by Mariah Carey. Someone must have inadvertantly switched the internal sound system on and Mariah was playing ..... It was switched off soon after I pointed it out.... I wouldn't have minded so much if it was Michael Buble!

The location was good although I didn't feel totally safe walking around at night - even though I was with a burly friend! I don't think that there was the opportunity to have breakfast when we were there. We were directed to two places - both lovely - which were really close by. One, a cafe in the corner which is attached to another hotel, had free internet access and great bacon sandwiches!!

I'd go again if I was on a budget but if it's luxury you're after then I'd probably head to one of the hotels on the Waterfront.

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchen facilities if you need them ...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Booked into the Adderley for 3 nights following a recommendation from a friend. Internet reviews were favourable and price was very competitive. I was not disappointed. Booking into a suite which turned out to be very spacious with its own separate kitchenette and lounge, the bedroom was huge but a little quirky with bathtub in the same room! This is a very modern hotel complete with a bit of designer 'flair'. Overall a very clean well located hotel close to all main city attractions/shops with very friendly staff. I'll be sure to stay again should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends