Adderley Hotel
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$151
  • Pool
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$65
Agoda.com
Pepperclub Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$127
  • Restaurant
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$366
US$265
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$777
US$611
Agoda.com
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$197
US$155
Orbitz.com
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$787
US$701
Travelocity
US$463
US$408
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a business lunch for 10 people at the Bowl Restaurant. There was no waitress and so the hotel receptionist did her best to help out for the hour until the waitress arrived. The food was mediocre and took ages to arrive. The food and the cocktails received were not as described on the menu and deserts were one serving short. When we tried to complain to the manager, we were informed that there was no manager on duty. I have since sent them a faxed complaint and e-mailed a complaint, but have had no response whatsoeve. What was supposed to be a special occasion turned into a disaster.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SPROETIE
General-Manager S, General Manager at Adderley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Janice

The Adderley Hotel, Cape Town certainly prides itself on exceeding guests' expectations, and we sincerely regret not achieving this on this occasion. Please except my sincere apologies for the inconvenience to you and your team. I can assure you that the matter has been addressed with the relevant manager and staff to avoid a recurrence.

I trust that the refreshments and flowers sent to your office was a great treat for you and your team and that we have restored your lost faith in the Adderley Hotel.

We do appreciate your feedback as it assists us in improving the service and product we have on offer to our guests.

With renewed apologies

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel is in a very nice (and safe) area, extremely close to the luxurious company gardens.
We stayed in the Junior Suite that was rather big with kichenette, sofa and raised bed and bathroom area. Worth mentioning that the bed was quite big and amazingly comfortable!
The staff were very friendly and helpful (but do not trust the car booking service they suggest, it's overpriced!), and the room was serviced even twice a day. Both the room and the common areas of the hotel were very clean and modern looking.
On the bad side, the pool is quite small and deep (1.8m), so you can neither swim nor paddle.
Internet was not free (but apparently they're updating the system to make it free soon), but decently fast.
Overall I would warmly recommend the hotel as a base to visit Cape Town!

Room Tip: We had a Junior Suite (203) that was very good, just a very slightly noisy since it was facing the street (although the windows were blocking out most of the street-noise). However most of the time it was a plus given the people always singing in the streets :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank afomis

Dear Afomis
We appreciate your feedback, as it assists us with becoming better at what we do. Your compliments and recommendations are valuable to us and we thank you for posting them in this public forum. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct the following time you are looking to stay in Cape Town – we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We needed somewhere to stay for our first night in Cape Town because we were arriving late and didn't want to disturb the family that we'd be staying with. After our long journey from the States, probably anything would have sufficed, but I was pleasantly surprised by Adderley Hotel. The hotel is well-decorated, and it was clear that it had been updated recently. Our room was much larger than I expected, and the bathroom was also larger than your average hotel bathroom. I was also impressed to see a little kitchenette in our room. If we'd been staying longer, I'm sure this would have been great! Overall, our stay was very comfortable. However, I did take off two stars for a few small issues. First, our in-room AC cooled the room but was very loud and made some strange clicking noises that made it very difficult for me to fall asleep. Second, we wanted to make tea the following morning but changed our minds when we saw that our teapot still had someone else's old water in it. Finally, I saw a small roach in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Despite those issues, I'd stay there again if I needed a hotel in Cape Town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
General-Manager S, General Manager at Adderley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Amanda
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The Adderley Hotel, Cape Town certainly prides them on exceeding guests' expectations which we have not managed to do 100%on this occasion. I have addressed these comments with the relevant teams. I invite you contact my office directly on your next planned stay in Cape Town.
With renewed apologies

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Checked into the hotel for a leisure weekend with my sister. We liked the spacious feel of our room and the extra toilet in the entry hall. Our room was facing Adderley Street and so we were pleasantly surprised at the noise-proofed windows in the apartment. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful.

The only gripe we had was that despite putting a 'do-not-disturb' sign on the door, our room was accessed whilst we were gone as we found a light which didn't have a lightbulb suddenly having been fixed.

The location is great and a comfortable walking distance to Long Street, Kloof and the V&A.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear TSH010GP

Thank you for taking the time to inform us know about your recent stay at the Adderley Hotel in Cape Town. We value your feedback as it assists us in becoming better in what we do. Our location is perfect for our guest as you are in walking distance of some of Cape Town’s top tourist attractions.
Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel when coming to Cape Town again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I don't know about the other reviews on here, but we had a wonderful 4 night stay at the Adderley Hotel. We had a junior suite and for the price, under $90 per night, it was just fantastic. The bed was extremely comfortable, the receptionists were always friendly and helpful, and the room was huge and interestingly decorated.

The area is fine -- during the day Adderley street is bustling, and just a seconds walk from the Food Lover's Market (good for coffee, breakfast, and supplies) and numerous cafes and restaurants. At night the area gets quiet so it's advisable to be a little cautious, but my wife and I walked home from Long Street two nights in a row and had zero trouble. Maybe we were lucky, but it felt safe to me (I'm a South African).

Biggest criticism: Hidden costs. Parking costs you (wasn't informed of this and they waived 3 nights of parking costs - kudos), and internet costs you (and is expensive). Be warned that there may be other hidden costs.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel d
General-Manager S, General Manager at Adderley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear ddekadt
Thank you for taking the time letting us know about your enjoyable stay at the Adderley hotel. Our Junior Suites are great value for money and cater for all our customers’ needs. Being in the CBD of Cape Town counts in our favor as you are close to some of Cape Town’s best tourist attractions. I am sorry to read that you feel that there are a lot of hidden cost as this is not the impression we would like to give to our guests. Our WiFi is currently being updated and in the next few weeks WiFi will be complimentary to all our guest.
We would love to welcome you back to the Adderley Hotel on your next visit to Cape Town.