“Truly memorable meal”

Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A state of the art dining room and cutting-edge kitchen sets the scene at Greenhouse, where produce of the Constantia Valley and the region are presented as culinary creations in an intimate taste space. Here guests are invited on a multi-sensory journey of distinctly South African flavours and hospitality, as they savour and indulge in the delectable creations of Peter Tempelhoff and his team. Greenhouse stretches the boundaries of traditional South African cuisine, brings conceptual creations from the garden, veld and sea to the plate and shares local stories and culinary insights through the dining experience. Expect the unexpected... Greenhouse is where meals translate to memories.
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Truly memorable meal”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I read an article about The Greenhouse in Wine Spectator during our stay in Cape Town and knew we must try it that very night. Our meal exceeded expectations and we had the most enjoyable evening from start to finish. We loved the ambiance and whimsical decor. Each course was truly a work of art and everything tasted divine, including the wine. The service was impeccable. It was very nice to meet the chef, Peter, at the end of our meal. He was very humble and gracious. We feel very lucky to have had a chance to visit The Greenhouse and dream of returning again one day.

• Visited September 2013

Kendal
“Special food and excellent service”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had just been to see Sunset Boulevard at the Camps bay theatre,an excellent production,but hardly the most uplifting experience of my life-it is even more depressing than Miss Saigon,which is a remarkable achievement.How is this relevant to the restaurant,well I was certainly ready for a glass of bubbles!!!I will not describe the food in minute detail as there are a number of pleasant surprises that makes this place special.Sarah the front of house lady is warm and engaging and leads you to your table,and is genuinely interested in your day.Joshua the maitre d' asks about dietary no nos to make for a relaxed evening.All I will tell you about the food is I started with a plate of salmon,followed by foie gras,venison and chocolate.That only tells you a fraction of the story.Arthur the sommelier ensures you drink very well as well,the Shiraz I had with the venison was sublime.This really is a top notch restaurant.
I am going to finish though with a comment on one of the most petulant and misbehaved guests it has ever had the misfortune to come across.The man(i cannot in all conscience use the word gentleman) was clearly upset at the table he had been allocated.Rather as I would have done just calling someone over someone and saying "can we have another table" as I would have done,he made an exhibition of himself,and used language that was utterly unacceptable anywhere let alone in a beautiful restaurant.Sarah just kept incredibly calm and after his had flung the chair across to the table he wanted to sit at just she calmly brought the menus.I hope the man wakes up feeling utterly embarrassed and has the good grace to apologise.I think the bookies would be offering very long odds against this happening!!
Millions would give their eye teeth to eat in a restaurant like this,and as I said to the guy(I could not let it pass without comment)"manners cost nothing."
This is a truly wonderful place to spend an evening with first rate food and wine,and top notch service.
Kendal Mint

• Visited November 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food & great service!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My wife & I ate at The Greenhouse on Friday 1st November. We both decided on the tasting menu with one taking the fish tasting and one the wild tasting paired with wine. This gave us the benefit of being able to try each other's dishes. Quite simply the food was superb on both menus and the standard of presentation fantastic. Seven courses, seven wines and a great night was had. Many thanks to Arthur our wine waiter, he did a great job. If I am being very picky the bar where pre dinner drinks were served was a bit lacking in atmosphere and only serving champagne or wine pre dinner is in my view a mistake but I do like my G&T! If you in Cape Town this destination is worth a visit for a special meal.

Visited November 2013
JHB, South Africa
“One of the best meals we had”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The food was outstanding presented and the taste was out of this world. The restaurant was recommended by the concierge at the hotel and we didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. Will go back again when in Cape Town

Visited October 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best food ever”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Greenhouse is a once in a lifetime experience. The house is beautiful , the service immaculate and the food wS the most delicious, creative work of art we have ever experience. The best thing about he evening was one of the friendly waiters who asked' quite frankly Sir would you prefer still or sparkling'. We will never forget you

Visited November 2012